Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does This Taper Strategy Work?

Wondering if doing something like a schedule below -- to get from 2mg to 1mg Valium is doable and maybe even more effective than making .5mg cuts every week?  Seems like an even smoother transition?   Once I get to 1 mg new decisions to be made :)

Curious what people think

2mg  Sat 6th
1.9mg   Sun
1.8  Mon
1.7  Tue
1.6  Wed
1.5  Thur
1.4  Fri
1.3  Sat 13th
1.2  Sun
1.1mg   Mon
1 mg  Tue

Edited by [Kh...]

You're cutting between 5~9% each day, which each day cutting even more.  It's way faster than the proposed 5-10% every 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, [[v...] said:

You're cutting between 5~9% each day, which each day cutting even more.  It's way faster than the proposed 5-10% every 2 weeks.

Understand, but have not experienced any of the mainstream symptoms in the 3 months of tapering so was considering a daily approach and if I noticed anything maybe I would hold from there... 

11 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Understand, but have not experienced any of the mainstream symptoms in the 3 months of tapering so was considering a daily approach and if I noticed anything maybe I would hold from there... 

Then go for it.  I only wish I could cut fractions of a miligram like that.  The pharma that made Victan only sells 2mg pills.  What the hell were they thinking?  They didn't think at all of the people that have to taper off their drug, so I have to eventually jump from 0.5mg which is a quarter pill.  1mg Victan is equivalent to 5mg Valium.

Edited by [ve...]

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Then go for it.  I wish I could cut 1mg like that.  The pharma that made Victan only sells a 2mg pill.  What the hell were they thinking?  They didn't think at all of the people that have to taper off their drug, so I have to eventually jump from 0.5mg which is a quarter pill.  1mg Victan is equivalent to 5mg Valium.

Ashton showing a full 1 mg cut from 2mg to 1 mg after a "week or two" - I was kinda thinking a 10 day march from 2mg to 1mg may be smoother.  I am not familiar with Victan - is it soluble?  MAybe you could cut smaller amounts that way? 

I have 2mg Valium capsules - not tablets....so I am able to empty the powder contents into 50ml of milk and take out a few ML to get to desired dose.  Not 100% sure its fool proof but early in my taper I also crushed and dissolved Xanax  in milk and it seemed to work.    

Edited by [Kh...]

11 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Then go for it.  I only wish I could cut fractions of a miligram like that.  The pharma that made Victan only sells 2mg pills.  What the hell were they thinking?  They didn't think at all of the people that have to taper off their drug, so I have to eventually jump from 0.5mg which is a quarter pill.  1mg Victan is equivalent to 5mg Valium.

By the way I really appreciate all your input and support its hard to do this all alone.  :)

• Like 1