Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long Covid symptoms similar to benzo w/d ?

I had covid BEFORE I started my benzo.  Long Covid caused my insomnia which led me to take the benzo temazepam.  I've had extreme cold turkey withdrawal symptoms from temazepam for 13 months now with no relief in sight.  Many symptoms of long covid are the same as benzo withdrawal symptoms.  Thinking I could still have long covid and that could be why my withdrawal has been so extreme?

So many treatment/remedies suggested for long covid are the opposite of what we should be doing in benzo withdrawal.  Sigh.

Edited by [Pa...]

Page one, if you went off the benzo I'm sure you still have withdrawal symptoms, I gad them for 3 yrs before I realized what was happening to me, I believe it was protracted withdrawal which is what it sounds like your describing. I had covid also after my new doc put me back on my benzo and they began reversing they're effect. I thought it was from covid but now believe it is a paradoxical reaction. If your not taking anything, don't take anything to try to feel better is what I would do myself. It only complicates the process. You will heal, it takes time and truthfully if I could go back 8 months I would never have gone back on them because my symptoms were becoming manageable, difficult but manageable. So now I'm stuck tapering again only a longer process thus time. 

Just thought I'd mention this because we both had covid. If you are still on your benzo, and having withdrawal symptoms, get off of them, somethingbosnt right. You will need help to go off if that's the case. O wouldn't recommend anyone try to taper off a benzo if they are causing withdrawal symptoms.

Just my opinion ok, you have to do what's best for you.

All the best!

Edited by [ns...]
Add