Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Head squeezing question

My head squeezing is becoming so much more intense, stronger and covering a wider area, all on the right side of my head. What do you do when this is happening? Do you just relax and let it happen however intense it becomes or do you move around to try and stop it from being so intense? The head squeezing must be happening for a reason, though goodness knows what. Anyway please let me know what you all do, thanks

Wo we, so sorry you are suffering, try not to give the symptoms attention, if you focus on the symptoms they will continue and probably get stronger.  Try not to become symptom focused, i know it's difficult, I've had to learn not to focus on these symptoms, I still do it but I'm getting better at gratitude, thankfulness, etc, it is amazing how realizing how blessed we are and being thankful for what we have, our health, home, bed, food, etc, imagine if u didn't have any of these for example.  This takes us to another place and away from our symptoms.  I hope that helps you!

Be well

• Like 1

Hey @[WU...],

The head squeezing is awful!  I use freezer headbands that are made for migraine and sinus relief.  It helps a lot.   I noticed that it also helps to leave it on after it is no longer cold, too.  I think the feeling of having a little bit of weight or maybe "push back pressure" helps. 

• Like 3

@[WU...], hi)

For me, everything about the head is hardly bearable. I don't do anything special to relieve it. I just don't know what can help. I merely live through this nightmare minute by minute and do everyday things. I've noticed that now when it's freezing cold outside, my head gets much better while walking, so frost really helps and thank you, @[Bu...], for the idea of headbands out of the fridge. I'll try it.

Fortunately, i don't have this issue that often now. Good luck to you and everyone! Hope we'll leave the ordeal behind eventually.

Thanks for replies @[ns...] @[Bu...] @[...]. This really does dominate everything so hard not to focus on it! One tries of course but.....It is so bad and non-stop since I quit CT last March, if anything it seems worse now and has made it impossible to leave the house to do any walking, hard enough just standing in my kitchen. Maybe I will give those freezer head thingies a go to improve circulation, though I can't help thinking if the damage is at the cellular level would anything external really help?  

3 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Thanks for replies @[ns...] @[Bu...] @[...]. This really does dominate everything so hard not to focus on it! One tries of course but.....It is so bad and non-stop since I quit CT last March, if anything it seems worse now and has made it impossible to leave the house to do any walking, hard enough just standing in my kitchen. Maybe I will give those freezer head thingies a go to improve circulation, though I can't help thinking if the damage is at the cellular level would anything external really help?  

@[WU...], i do understand your gloom and fears. I'm here myself. But as far as i know there is no permanent damage done to our cells, so everything is going to improve over some time. I hope it'll happen rather sooner than later. Keep going!)

• Like 1

@[...] thanks. I'm still amazed after all these years that no one seems to know what the squeezing actually is and why it happens. We're all completely in the dark. If someone gave a good clear explanation , excruciating as it is, we would get through it a lot easier

• Like 2