Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mirtazapine

I have used mirtzapine to help with stopping the use of xanax. I can say it helps drastically.

Just thought I would share this with you guy that are looking for something to help with the withdrawals.

Good luck

• Like 1

It is more of a relief from the anxieity and helps aid sleep and really takes away the anxiety.

I wasn't a heavy xanax user only 0.5mg once a day for about 2 years. 

It might be differnt results between others but I know 100% it helped with cravings, sleep and anxiety. 

6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Thanks for sharing! What would you say the differences are? 

I've also been taking mirtazapine throughout my tapering and withdrawal. I think it helped me, mostly with headaches and, perhaps, anxiety as well. It didn't influence my insomnia and other pains and aches though. Besides, there are unpleasant side effects. Now i'm tapering mirtazapine... Once again - Hello, the taper process...😅

Edited by [...]

6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Thanks for sharing! What would you say the differences are? 

In my case I find that Alprazolam has a stimulant property to it, so it's easy for me to guess why it's so widely abused.  Mirtazapine makes me sleep for 8 hours straight and perhaps even more.  2 or 3 cups of coffee and the drowsiness is done.  It should be taken no later than 9pm.  It makes me sleep even if I don't want to, like when I'm watching a movie.

No sexual dysfunction either at a low dose of 7.5mg, which is effective for insomnia.  The only side-effect being the food cravings in the late evening.  Some fruits like apples and bananas and the cravings are gone.

I also enjoy the vivid dreams it gives me.  In comparison, benzo sleep is superficial and not restorative for me.

Edited by [ve...]
  • Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 10:25, [[m...] said:

I have used mirtzapine to help with stopping the use of xanax. I can say it helps drastically.

Just thought I would share this with you guy that are looking for something to help with the withdrawals.

Good luck

Yes me too! So does quetiapine. 

3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[...] how are you tapering? Did you get any ill effects?  

@[Si...], hi) i've been tapering for about 2 weeks. I take ~22 mg now. Sometimes I feel kind of goosebumps somewhere inside my head. Idk what else. It's difficult to say bc the withdrawal is still here. I'm a bit scared of what is waiting ahead but do it all the same. How are you? Don't be in a hurry to taper if mirt helps.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

@[...] thanks Did you jump straight from 30mg to 22? Does the mirt make you hungover?  It really knocks me out at night.  I'm still at 30mg, not stable enough to taper.  

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

@[...] thanks Did you jump straight from 30mg to 22? Does the mirt make you hungover?  It really knocks me out at night.  I'm still at 30mg, not stable enough to taper.  

@[Si...], no, i didn't jump at once. I started to take off some bits of the pill now and then. Mirt makes me sleepy but doesn't make me sleep. Lots of almost sleepless nights on mirt. And i noticed lately that even feeling quite awful, i wanted to laugh. I don't mind, to be honest, but decided to try to taper it. 

I think you should wait till you feel stable. This is what i did. And i'm still not sure how far i'll go. I'll see.

Good luck!)

• Like 1

Hi , I haven't posted on here for quite some time but when I saw this discussion about Mirtazipine thought I would chime in. 

I started taking low dose of Mirtazipine (7.5mg)in late 2022 for sleep. It helps with sleep and anxiety although I will say that my anxiety had gotten worse lately which I think is because I am very close to jumping off Ativan.  

That being said, it helped tremendously with sleep even at that low dose. I am hoping to taper from it at some point and by the way , it does make me ravenously hungry!!😋 gained weight but am starting to lose done now. ( Thanks to WW 😬)