Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Freeze response!

Well I've gone into freeze response today and yesterday. I was in the grocery store yesterday and had a panic attack and began freezing up all over my body. I could barely move! Had to go to the car. Today it's just as bad only it's lasting g all day! My muscles usually spasms but they are locked with tension and spasms and nothing is unlocking them. I've had right leg numbness for about 3 yrs in my first experience when I was taken off benzo too fast, had withdrawal etc, turns out it never left, I was protracted and didn't know it! Now I'm down to a quarter of a mg 4x per day and I'm feeling it! I looked on the withdrawal symptoms on this site abd I guess I have almost all of them. But the freeze up isn't there. When u go into freeze response it's usually due to.ptsd, trauma not being dealt with over along period of time,  anxiety etc, so I guess it decided to come now during the end of this taper. Has anyone else experienced the freezer? Your body goes numb with muscle spasms, tension, tightness and you can barely move. I've been watching videos on YouTube about freeze and doing everything the therapist says to do but I'm still freezing up and numb. It kind of lightens up here and there. Have you experienced this? 

Prayers are welcomed,  I know u can't write them here but I would appreciate your prayers. 

Thanks so much buds,