Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

One month off Temazepam

Finally get to post this! I am now officially one month off of Temazepam. I was on Temazepam for two months at 22.5 mg. I am also 10 days off of gabapentin as well. My sleep is still not the greatest but I have been sleeping most nights now taking hydroxyzine and dayvigo. I also still get jerks/jolts of energy that wake me back up just as im drifting off to sleep but I think they are starting to lighten up in intensity. I am going to try to cut out hydroxyzine entirely soon since im down to 50 mg now. Two nights ago i did not get my Dayvigo prescription refilled and I was worried I would not sleep without it. I ended up taking 100 mgs of hydroxyzine and still did not fall asleep when it peaked due to the constant brain zaps right as i start to fall asleep. However, something strange happened I actually just fell asleep. I told myself my brain is just getting excited because I am falling asleep and told myself this is normal. Then I fell asleep and woke up four hours later. Its not the greatest sleep but it beats no sleep at all and it means I dont need the hydroxyzine or the dayvigo really anymore. I am hopeful to be off the meds entirely this month.

Just now, [[J...] said:

Finally get to post this! I am now officially one month off of Temazepam. I was on Temazepam for two months at 22.5 mg. I am also 10 days off of gabapentin as well. My sleep is still not the greatest but I have been sleeping most nights now taking hydroxyzine and dayvigo. I also still get jerks/jolts of energy that wake me back up just as im drifting off to sleep but I think they are starting to lighten up in intensity. I am going to try to cut out hydroxyzine entirely soon since im down to 50 mg now. Two nights ago i did not get my Dayvigo prescription refilled and I was worried I would not sleep without it. I ended up taking 100 mgs of hydroxyzine and still did not fall asleep when it peaked due to the constant brain zaps right as i start to fall asleep. However, something strange happened I actually just fell asleep. I told myself my brain is just getting excited because I am falling asleep and told myself this is normal. Then I fell asleep and woke up four hours later. Its not the greatest sleep but it beats no sleep at all and it means I dont need the hydroxyzine or the dayvigo really anymore. I am hopeful to be off the meds entirely this month.

Also if anyone is interested in knowimg my natural supplements i am taking from my naturpathic Dr that is helping me get off the meds feel free to message me and I will let you know the treatment plan that has been working for me.

@[Jo...]

That's great you're off of temazepam!  I'm in a horrible withdrawal from the med.  I'll message you for your naturopathic Dr. treatment plan.

Edited by [Pa...]

@[Jo...] Congratulations on 1 month off Temazepam!  Your offer to share information about a naturopathic treatment plan is kind but please remember BB site guidelines: "You may not use the PM (Personal Message) system for withdrawal or taper advice. PMs are primarily intended for moral support, fun, and distraction. Please post your taper plan or withdrawal questions and concerns to the Community forums for wider discussion and feedback."

Please review the Guidelines for Use of Direct Messaging System.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation.