Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need help for a dmt. My brain is not working

16 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Hi, 

I'm using diazepam and i take 10mg i need a buddy to explain to me how to a create a solution with my tablets and how i can do daily micro cuts. Please pm i need your help I can't do it alone. I'm so scared and confused. 

Hello @[He...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

For how long have you been taking diazepam? And for how long have you been taking 10mg per day? What dose pills do you use, and do you take multiple doses per day?

I generally suggest crushing and weighing benzodiazepine pills with an inexpensive jewelry balance (scales), but making a liquid is certainly possible too (many of members make a liquid).

We will help you get your head around whatever approach you decide to take.

Hi @[He...]

The vast majority of people withdrawing from diazepam do this via usual pill-splitting. However, they are generally using 2mg tablets (which they might further subdivide into 1mg or even 0.5mg doses). And because diazepam has a much longer half-life compared to most other benzodiazepines, this results in gradual reductions to blood levels with each cut.

If you ask your doctor for a prescription for 2mg tablets, you will probably find that you can manage your taper by removing 1mg or 0.5mg from your daily dose (via pill-splitting). What do you think?

2 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I will ask for tablets probably. Before i was breaking the 10 mg to pieces and putting them on the scale so i can reduce really slow. I'm not going to lie when i went to 3.3 everything was better but i started to get scared, started loosing sleep, started drinking and from then on everything got much worse... 

You should find the 2mg tablets much easier to use for your taper. Using whole pills and utilising usual pill-splitting is generally very reliable too. And it is certainly simpler!