Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Water titration of Gabapentin

Currently I am emptying 6 (100 mg) capsules of Gabapentin into 600 ml of water, so a 1:1 ratio. I have had to take this taper VERY slow as I am extremely sick. I am kindled numerous times and completed a benzo taper gone all wrong years ago. I am beyond sensitive to EVERYTHING including food, soap, smells, you name it and I seem to even respond poorly to the slightest drop. I am wondering about when I hit the 500 mg mark if I have to reduce to 5 (100 mg) pills in 500 ml of water? Or if it’s best to continue on emptying 6 (100 mg) pills in 600 ml of water. I have horrible anxiety regarding reducing down to 5 pills as I am not functioning. I know these meds are not agreeing with me and holding doesn’t seem to help as I am also in tolerance. I haven’t used this new platform up until now, and it seems like my old signature is gone noting all of my current meds and past meds I tapered off of. Not sure if there is a way to retrieve that or not. Thank you in advance for all of your help. 😊

• 2 months later...
[Se...]

Is there anyone that can help me with this or tell me if I need to post it elsewhere? I am not too familiar with this new platform. Thank you! 

[ns...]
11 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Is there anyone that can help me with this or tell me if I need to post it elsewhere? I am not too familiar with this new platform. Thank you! 

Seekinghope. So sorry for what you're experiencing! I'm not person to answer your questions I'm sorry.

I stopped by because you're taking Gabapentin and I wanted to make sure you've been given direction on sodium intake!

You should be increasing your sodium, very important. Your drinking a lot if water!

Gabapentin depletes sodium and will absolutely escalate your symptoms. Low sodium is very dangerous so be sure to add a little extra salt to your diet ok.

You should probably Get your sodium checked when you can. I have hyponatremia, low sodium, from taking Gabapentin. Water flushes everything so be mindful of this.

Hope you get some answers soon.

Take care 

Ns

[Se...]
Posted (edited)

See reply with quote. 

Edited by [Se...]
Didn’t post with the quote.

[Se...]
On 20/03/2024 at 13:21, [[n...] said:

Seekinghope. So sorry for what you're experiencing! I'm not person to answer your questions I'm sorry.

I stopped by because you're taking Gabapentin and I wanted to make sure you've been given direction on sodium intake!

You should be increasing your sodium, very important. Your drinking a lot if water!

Gabapentin depletes sodium and will absolutely escalate your symptoms. Low sodium is very dangerous so be sure to add a little extra salt to your diet ok.

You should probably Get your sodium checked when you can. I have hyponatremia, low sodium, from taking Gabapentin. Water flushes everything so be mindful of this.

Hope you get some answers soon.

Take care 

Ns

Nsindy

Thank you so much for responding! This was something I was not aware of, so thank you for the information. I actually just had bloodwork done a couple of weeks ago and I just looked at my results online and the doctor did check my sodium level and it is within range. 😊 

I really appreciate you letting me know and thank you again for your response! 💕

• Like 1