Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Zyrtec antihistamine inflamed withdrawal symptoms

I started taking Zyrtec yesterday for my itchy skin caused from my antidepressant and Valium withdrawal.  I woke up this morning with a major panic attack and depression.  I then did a quick google search and found it is a common side effect.  I used to be able to take earlier on in my taper, but now that I’m getting lower I am finding I am side effects from medications that normally work okay for me.  Anyone else find the same experience 

Same thing here with any brand antihistamine.

Ive had to suffer with the itching. It’s better than taking the antihistamine.

cold witch hazel helps very temporarily.

Thanks for sharing.  I’m glad it’s not just me.  It now will take a couple of days for my nervous system to get back and settled 

You’re welcome!

Takes me about 3 full days to be rid of the effects.

Annoyingly, most OTC medicines affect me negatively now. That means no sleep aids(which are mostly antihistamines), Advil, Tylenol, Vitamins and supplements for the most part also.

I’m finding since I got down to 4.5 Valium the supplements b6 (20 mgs) and magnesium Glycinate are now starting to inflame my symptoms, whereas for the last 8 months they were so helpful 

Interesting. For the last 5 days since i tried to stop taking klonopin, i have been having crazy pins and needles all over, and all day. I was thinking maybe it was histamine, so i started taking an antihistamine. I do realize i took hydroxyzine the night or 2 before i felt these feelings. Im not sure if this could cause it, or if its all a side effect from tolerance withdraws from the klonopin i am taking.

Clemastine furamate is an h1 inverse agonist, it's not as sedating for me compared to all the others, If taking too much as 5 mg i get a strange rebound that reminds akhatisia, very briefly tho, and im almost 3 years off dealing with other stuff aswell 

You find more info searching about clemastine furamate for remyelination and MS or etc, neuroinflammation etc

Edited by [De...]