Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ending taper of Clonazepam

Hello,  I'm a 62 year old male taking prescription Clonazepam for about 4 months for anxiety and panic attacks.  Dosage .5 mg 3 times per day.   I have been tapering for 6 weeks and I am down to .25 mg once per day (4 days into this dose).    So far I have had no withdrawal symptoms other than a bit of increased anxiety for a couple of days.  My question is this, after 7 days of .25 mg once per day, is it ok to stop at this point or should I halve this dose to .125 for a week then stop. 

Would very much appreciate your thoughts/advice. 

Thank you much!

Hi, @[Tb...].  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  Congratulations on your success with the clonazepam taper - it’s a testament to the fact that not everyone has issues discontinuing their benzodiazepine. 

If it were me in your shoes, I would go down to .125mg for a week or so if you are able.  If you aren’t having any issues, adding one more week to your taper shouldn’t change anything and ensure a successful discontinuation.

Please do keep us posted and again, welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2024 at 16:53, [[[...] said:

Faith Hope Love, Thank you!

Hi There, Faith, Hope, Love,   Just a quick update and thanks for your support. Finished the taper successfully without any severe withdrawals.  My tinnitus did surge back but seems to be holding (I expected this).  It did drag me into the anxiety/depression side of things but not too bad, also somewhat expected .  Recouping today from outpatient surgery, anesthesia didn't help either. BTW, I politely refused the pre-surgery benzo :2funny:

Anyway I appreciate you and this forum for helping me learn about the importance of getting off benzos as soon as possible and using a proper taper plan and sticking to it.  I discovered BBs after being on clonazepam for about 2 months and the stories really got my attention.  I have you guys to thank for me pushing my docs to help me end my use.  

Please keep up the good work.  You folks are a compassionate, well-informed group helping people and that is what life is all about.

May God Bless you and this forum.  If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Tbone

• Like 1

So glad to hear your discontinuation was (mostly) uneventful, @[Tb...]!  I hope your surgery went smoothly as well, and wish you the best going forward!

Stop by anytime to check-in or if you feel led to offer support to any members in need.