Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

After 4 years and trying taper klonopin- I realize im still afraid of it, what can I do?

5 years ago I was given Xanax at ER, then dr forced me over to klonopin a year later. This January makes 4 years on it- been trying to taper for 21/2 years. Original dose .75 - .25 3x daily- I’m down to 3/4 of .25 morning and night, .125 for evening- pharmacy switched to Teva in February 2023- then Advagen October and November, now Teva again December and January, can’t seem to settle from switching- I realize that I’m still afraid of the drug, any suggestions about how to overcome this?

Hi @[...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Many people are very sensitive to brand changes, so you're not alone. Is this what you mean when you say you're afraid of the drug? I think it it might be best to take a couple of weeks to try and stabilize from all these changes before you taper again. May I ask why these changes occured - was it shortages? We are glad you found us, just know we understand what you're going through.

Shortages everywhere- before the Teva, I was on accord the whole time- by fear I mean the drug still scares me, I have tapered ever so slow- I thinks it’s because I don’t know what it has in store for me, and I don’t want to feel worse from it! I have been holding since Teva switch in January, but think I need to file off some of morning dose come Monday?

It's good that you've done a slow taper. Can you please update your taper history as per this post below so we can understand your reductions? This will help us give you the best advice? (You can look at my history to give you an idea of what we're looking for).

On 19/08/2023 at 09:15, [[P...] said:

Please fill in your medication history, taper details and any other pertinent information so others can provide the best feedback for your situation. 

Profile => Edit profile (top-right of profile banner) => Add succinct use/taper/withdrawal history to 'History' text box => click 'Save' (bottom-right).

It's very normal to be scared of the tapering process and withdrawal. But if you keep going slow, you should remain functional. We can help you with that.