Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone had burning mouth/tongue syndrome

8 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Welcome @[Pa...] you will find this a supportive community. 

Sorry about the burning you have. It seems to a common withdrawal symptom & others here have noticed it too. I didn’t have it until tapering diazepam at low dose. 
When poly drugged agree it’s hard to know what is responsible but suspect culprit is benzo & brand change may unfortunately add to the mix. As you taper go slow & steady & in time it may become less of a problem. But always consult your doctor if worried. 
wishing you well. 

Ps do start a new topic if you wish to ask anything specific to taper plan or anything else at all 

Thanks Katrina I’m sorry you have the symptom as well. I hope you see some improvements soon.

I’ve only changed 20% of my pregabalin dose -I’ve got another 80% to go. My K taper has been going ok. But I’ve been hit with an onslaught of dozens of symptoms since having to change brands in pregabalin.

l

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Thanks Katrina I’m sorry you have the symptom as well. I hope you see some improvements soon.

I’ve only changed 20% of my pregabalin dose -I’ve got another 80% to go. My K taper has been going ok. But I’ve been hit with an onslaught of dozens of symptoms since having to change brands in pregabalin.

l

Thank you. Can you ask if possible to go back to previous brand? 

44 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Thank you. Can you ask if possible to go back to previous brand? 

Unfortunately, pharmaceutical companies are discontinuing production of pregabalin. There used to be eight or nine different generics. Now there’s only one available in the USA. There’s another that’s back ordered but everyone else has discontinued making the medication. And unfortunately Medicare won’t pay for brand-name Lyrica.

on the one hand, I hope this results in a marked reduction of new prescriptions written for it. on the other hand for folks like myself that are stuck on this and can’t taper it right away -for me it’s because I’m tapering the Klonopin first - it’s a very difficult situation. 

Yes of course I can see no simple solution. In UK, generally you receive whatever brand the pharmacy dispenses & that is annoying too. 

• Sad 1

Katrina, 

I can’t imagine that. That must be really challenging in the UK to be at mercy of pharmacy. Although the active ingredients are the same in generics, the FDA in the USA allows the bioavailability of the active ingredient in generics to vary by 10% from brand name.  Thanks so much for your suggestions, and I hope you feel better. 

• Like 1