Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The controversial topic- Supplements

Hi I’m new on this platform. In the beginning (a year ago) I couldn’t figure out how to navigate this site. I’ll try again. I saw someone mention the Gingko protocol. I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he gave me a supplement he thought could be helpful. It's a blend of Ashwagandha, Gingko, Cota Kola, and peppermint. What’s everyone’s thoughts on these? I know that the Benzo groups say NO to all supplements but just curious what everyone’s thoughts are here. 

I know that Ashwagandha effects gaba in the same way as benzos. I tried it for awhile anyway but got zero effect.

Mabey because my tolerance for gaba drugs.

Hi there thanks for the response. Do you know anything about the “Gingko protocol” I’ve seen people talk about? 

No sorry. I just did a google search though. If you are withdrawal from benzos anything that acts the same may proact or make it worse.

Hello @[Jl...]! I searched it here earlier, tried Ginkgo tablets (pharmacy), lowest dosage, 40 mg I think. I took 2 tablets, it revved up my symptoms.

Peppermint tea helped /helps with nausea big time in the morning. 

I think one should experiment after discussion with a doctor, low - dose, very carefully. I would personally pass on Ashwaganda.. 

Aside from ginger, peppermint, curcuma ( and herbal teas), supplements have a negative effect on me. 

There is an Alternative Treatments, Supplements group here. 

@[Re...]thanks I’ll check it out. I decided to go ahead and give the supplement a shot. I’m homebound and be ridden most days darn it. 

Ruben ralph watch out for peppermint tea, it's a diaretc. It will dry u out, cause u to pee alot! It's ok for a small bit but be careful. Ginger tea is the same way, it's all so goid going down, seems like u feel better then boom, your peeing, your constipated and your miserable with your symptoms. Just my take on it, I researched peppermint tea as a diaretc  

Be well my friend