Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heart stopped after 10daysc/t

Hello is it normal for your heart to stop when withdrawing from clonazapam luckily I was in hospital at the town felt s bit dizzy then I was out for ,8,mins the clonazapam has been reinstated but I'm frightened of it happening again? It's really scared me ang my gp hasn't a clue hence cold turkey 

Thankyou 🙏🧜‍♀️

No but was worried it would happen when going ct.

Omg.. good they got you going again.

How did it feel? Did it hurt?

On 03/01/2024 at 05:12, [[m...] said:

Hello is it normal for your heart to stop when withdrawing from clonazapam luckily I was in hospital at the town felt s bit dizzy then I was out for ,8,mins the clonazapam has been reinstated but I'm frightened of it happening again? It's really scared me ang my gp hasn't a clue hence cold turkey 

Thankyou 🙏🧜‍♀️

Mermaid, it's not usual BUT it is within the realm of reason. My understanding is that there are two substances that, if one goes cold turkey, can result in, well, not making it. Alcohol and benzodiazepines. It doesn't always happen but it can. Neither should ever be stopped just like that!

Benzos should always be tapered. If you taper at a very slow rate, you can avoid a lot of misery, too. When the dust has settled you could consider printing out the Ashton manual for your doctor. There may be things on the benzodiazepine coalition website that she should read.

One word of caution: Doctors seem to hate reading papers. In my experience they just won't read what you give them, but they will read sentences that are highlighted. So go to your doctor armed and ready with information, but keep it minimal and be sure you ask them their opinion and don't just tell them yours. You probably already know this but that's another thing doctors seem to hate; being told what do do. They want to feel that they are making the medical decisions.

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience! Perhaps it will really give your doctor pause, and they'll more readily agree to a slow taper. If it does no harm and does you good, they should!

Warmly,

HCHC

• Like 1

Hi everyone. No they don't have an explanation except my BP shot up and I had a seizure  my BP goes up every time I try and stop it..... Aftaid it might happen again does it mean I've got to stay on them I'm 70next I've been trying to come off them 3years.      I've got a cracked breastbone and ribs got to have another heartscan Monday.......I've no heart disease so don't know what the out come is clonazapam has ruined my life I know that.... 

Hope everyone is ok.....don't want to scare anybody .....🙏

1 minute ago, [[m...] said:

Hi everyone. No they don't have an explanation except my BP shot up and I had a seizure  my BP goes up every time I try and stop it..... Aftaid it might happen again does it mean I've got to stay on them I'm 70next I've been trying to come off them 3years.      I've got a cracked breastbone and ribs got to have another heartscan Monday.......I've no heart disease so don't know what the out come is clonazapam has ruined my life I know that.... 

Hope everyone is ok.....don't want to scare anybody .....🙏

I was resuscitated 2,times can't remember what happened no more of it except broken ribs and chestbone it hurts so much... 

I was in a white room full of wispy clouds I thought I was coming back from an operation then I heard people calling my name...wasn't painful and I was really calm.......

• Like 1