Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

new symptoms 5 months out

wondering if anyone can relate i’m 5 months out from a heavy diazepam addiction the taper was very very hard but i got it done ! 

sleep has been rough for me the whole time but around month 4 it levelled out quite abit and i started to sleep through the night abit better . 

then about 10 days ago my sleep has took a turn im having new symptoms , 
i’m waking my self up by talking / shouting 
hypnik jerks are back , 
i’m having really weird vivid dreams more intense than before ! 
it’s like im in between sleeping and dreaming ? 
also been kicking my leg in my sleep etc my partner tells me , 
waking up with numb limbs / legs / arms ! 
also waking up with me heart pounding going fast ? 
could all this be anxiety related i’m not sure 

just wondering if anyone else had experienced similar things in just confused that it’s happened after 5 months out and not sooner and somtimes wonder if it’s somthing else going on ? 

possible causes a few weeks back i took 2 benzos after drinking heavy and my anxiety was really bad i  see alot people talk about it kindling but im not sure my thoughts on it over than that everything has been as normal ! 

any help replies would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, [[a...] said:

wondering if anyone can relate i’m 5 months out from a heavy diazepam addiction the taper was very very hard but i got it done ! 

sleep has been rough for me the whole time but around month 4 it levelled out quite abit and i started to sleep through the night abit better . 

then about 10 days ago my sleep has took a turn im having new symptoms , 
i’m waking my self up by talking / shouting 
hypnik jerks are back , 
i’m having really weird vivid dreams more intense than before ! 
it’s like im in between sleeping and dreaming ? 
also been kicking my leg in my sleep etc my partner tells me , 
waking up with numb limbs / legs / arms ! 
also waking up with me heart pounding going fast ? 
could all this be anxiety related i’m not sure 

just wondering if anyone else had experienced similar things in just confused that it’s happened after 5 months out and not sooner and somtimes wonder if it’s somthing else going on ? 

possible causes a few weeks back i took 2 benzos after drinking heavy and my anxiety was really bad i  see alot people talk about it kindling but im not sure my thoughts on it over than that everything has been as normal ! 

any help replies would be appreciated 

Hello, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I believe you’ve identified the cause of your disturbances, the alcohol combined with the benzodiazepine.  I’ve seen members experience setbacks when using alcohol too early in their recovery.  

I’m not worried about kindling, I feel its more a setback that should resolve.  Setbacks do occur but they don’t typically leave us back at square one.

Your central nervous system is still in a fragile state, I’d try to avoid stress and any substances for now that cause upset.

We’re glad you found us and hope we can help reassure you.

Pamster

thanks alot for your reply it’s just strange as the dreams especially have become so vivid again ! 
iv drunk alcohol prior to this mabey not to that extent tho , its the sleeping symptoms to like shouting awaking in my sleep iv never had that ever but i have had some extra stress anxiety the last few weeks so would you say its a

more a mixture of resetting my withdrawal and extra stress ? 
thanks really appreciate the help 

Christmas was a bit hectic for everyone.  Perhaps wait a bit?  I couldn't sleep at all with the fireworks and my dog barking.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[v...] said:

Christmas was a bit hectic for everyone.  Perhaps wait a bit?  I couldn't sleep at all with the fireworks and my dog barking.

i understand that but this happened before xmas and it’s new symptoms iv never had in my life stated above bit more complex than environmental noise . 

Edited by Guest

I’m 8 months out and I also tapered off diazepam . 
I absolutely had a quite noticeable increase in my symptoms around 5 months, after feeling noticeable improvement during months 2,3 and four.

I’ve had a few very short windows over the past few months, but still currently dealing with PAWS at a few days from approaching 8 mos.

too many symptoms so I won’t list them, mental and physical.

I post this so you know you’re not alone.  This entire experience is beyond unnatural and bizarre.

I’m living alone and not able to work. I’m holding out hope and doing my best to “accept” this incredibly lonely and scary situation.

sending you all my best ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[w...] said:

I’m 8 months out and I also tapered off diazepam . 
I absolutely had a quite noticeable increase in my symptoms around 5 months, after feeling noticeable improvement during months 2,3 and four.

I’ve had a few very short windows over the past few months, but still currently dealing with PAWS at a few days from approaching 8 mos.

too many symptoms so I won’t list them, mental and physical.

I post this so you know you’re not alone.  This entire experience is beyond unnatural and bizarre.

I’m living alone and not able to work. I’m holding out hope and doing my best to “accept” this incredibly lonely and scary situation.

sending you all my best ❤️

hey thanks for the reply i appreciate it ! 
sorry to hear your still struggling it’s really so hard iv only just been able to go back to work and it so hard as im constantly fatigued ! 

i stay hopeful but its just strange it’s worsening 5 months in and makes my kind stray to mabey something else but deep down i know its the withdrawal ! 

wish you all the best also hope it passes for you sooner than later 

Our symptoms wax and wane and wane for no reason but I consider stress to be the biggest contributors to increased symptom severity so I hope that whatever stress you were dealing with has resolved.  

8 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Our symptoms wax and wane and wane for no reason but I consider stress to be the biggest contributors to increased symptom severity so I hope that whatever stress you were dealing with has resolved.  

thanks for reply yeah iv had a lot of extra stress due to some life circumstances i will eventually chill out with current stress but i think its plaid a big role in amping up my current symptoms 

• Like 1

Widesky, I did that, I was healing and then I started to eat things I shouldn't have,  Donuts! To name a few. Sugar, and many foids we couldn't eat before will still affect you for quite a while, at least it dud for me. Keep your diet as clean as possible, try not to focus on the symptoms ok, I hope that helps