Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Magnesium glycinate

Has anyone tried magnesium glycinate for stiffness and spasms. It's in a powder firm and you measure what you use, I went to the er one time I'm protracted, didn't know I was protracted but anyways, he wanted to give me magnesium in iv, but I told him I'd had poopies, so oh OK, and gave me a valuim,  it really helped at the time but I didn't know why. Anyways, has anyone tried magnesium glycinate for spasms ans stiffness, I have some but don't know how I'll respond,  i have lots of sensitivity issues to food, vit, supplements etc, I've hears it really helps.  Please comment if you have ok, 

Thanks so much

Hi nsindy, I have the same thoughts.. I bought the magnesium glycinate about one month ago. I took 50mg once and had a very bad night of only one hour of sleep… coincidence !?? as my spasms are very hurtful I am intending to give it another try but I am so scared 😳 

• Like 1

The only problem with magnesium is that if you take too much it messes with the gut and the gut is vital to mental health. It's better to split that 100% pill into 2 doses. Don't take it if you forgot if you took it or not.  I don't take it at all when I eat magnesium rich foods.

Edited by [ve...]

Yeah, I don't think I would take so much. Start out small and build from there. Magnesium glycinate isn't supposed to give you the poopies, but it is Magnesium I guess. I'm just so sensitive to any supplements, along with everything, this is in powder form so u mix it with water and drink, measuring how much u choose to take. Just be careful not to take to much and build from there if it works for u, I'm still not sure I'm ready to go through another round of trying supplements, that's why I asked about it.

Thanks, hope it works out fir you

11 hours ago, [[s...] said:

Hi nsindy, I have the same thoughts.. I bought the magnesium glycinate about one month ago. I took 50mg once and had a very bad night of only one hour of sleep… coincidence !?? as my spasms are very hurtful I am intending to give it another try but I am so scared 😳 

Tried it two, both times I was up all night. Its nuts how different everyone responds to supplements.

and for sure amplifying symptoms.

Edited by [wi...]
  • Like 1

OK then, that answers my question for sure. I was going to do a probiotic for histamine intolerance or a DAO and magnesium glycinate for histamine intolerance but I think I better wait til I'm done with my taper. Only 1mg left, and it's rough! Watch put for sugar, any stimulant,  make a diary of your foods, what and when u ate and how they affected you, your body and brain needs time to recover and rebalance out. It's si hard to be finished tapering, doing better and then your symptoms return. 3 yrs ago I was taken off of lorazapam to quickly and started jerking and all the electrical shocks stuff, all the symptoms.  I had no idea what was wrong, neither did my PA, I hurt my shoulder blade at the same time I tapered and actually thought it was my shoulder blade,  went there several times, they didn't know either. So for 2 yrs I had no idea what was up, another doc gave me some Lorazapam and the symptoms got a little easier but didn't stop, I didn't get it! I was in protracted withdrawal and didn't even know. I wouldn't let any doctor help me with meds, therapy, etc, it's my shoulder, what's wrong with you people lol, oh I was a mess. A trip to the er with dangerously low sodium and Tuvan every 4 hours answered everything I needed to know. Most of my symptoms were getting better but not all.went to see my previous doctor and he put me back on them, I was able to ear better, had a few donuts, went shopping, you know getting exposure back into life but then, the pills did the reverse and I had to stop and taper off. We got covid before this, not sure if it was the diet or covid or my breaking point with those pills but thank God I'm almost done with them. I hate those pills, they give me panick attacks, extreme anxiety and all the same symptoms as before. So I only have 1 pill left that I've broken into 4x and I'll be done! Then I'll need physical therapy for my body and brain, counseling for fear and a gi for histamine intolerance to foods. Also getting tested for metal sensitivity from previous surgeries.

Idk why I told you all this but anyway, keep a ck on your food and don't go back on any anxiety meds. You can get thru it! 

Be well friend