Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

One off Usage after Cessation

Has anyone kicked benzos and then successfully used something like Ambien on a one-off for like a 13 hour plane flight etc?  Curious.  

This is interesting. Simply because I’ve thought of this the past few days. Years ago, when I took Alprazolam here and there for anxiety, I had no issues. I started taking them daily, and got to where I’m at now, less than a month into jump day and wd. If, down the road i do get myself back to normal again. Is it feasible to presume I could occasionally take one for acute anxiety?

Has anyone heard from others on this? Wondering if it could trigger BIND symptoms again. 

I would avoid it like the plague.  Specially when there are other meds for anxiety.

Just have it as an emergency brake without taking it and that's it.

• Like 1

is a 13-hour flight worth 2 years of potential disability? Smoke a joint or have some drinks if you need to sleep

• Like 1

I was never a relaxed flyer pre benzos. It didn’t help that my husband knows too much about aviation and would point out things that I really didn’t need to know. Fast forward to benzos and withdrawal. I found it’s much easier to do anything now that I survived and healed from benzo withdrawal. Everything pales in comparison. My first long flight during recovery was a total of 12 hours. I was fine and very relaxed. I was even able to nap which was difficult for me earlier. 

• Like 1

Can I remind you benzos are super potent and highly addictive. You could risk triggering your brain to destabilize again worse than before from just one dose.

3 hours ago, [[w...] said:

Can I remind you benzos are super potent and highly addictive. You could risk triggering your brain to destabilize again worse than before from just one dose.

Understand thanks.