Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Struggling

Just received all my latest test results back from my Doctor, Homocysteine is slightly high at 11.1 my Ferritin has been high at 434 I had it down to 234 but was hit with COVID again and sent it up again. I was identified with the MTHFR Heterozygous gene  677T and 1298C not sure what that means and neither does my doctor i have a wonderful doctor but has no idea what to do to help me . He is now recommending me to a naturopathic doctor for follow up. I don't want to ride the supplement train but i try to hold hope that someone can help with easing this agony. I sometimes wonder if I am struggling with long COVID or Benzo withdrawal. As I stated in my other post my symptoms are numb tongue, tinnitus that comes and goes, sporadic insomnia, but the major issue is a wave that hits that causes extreme agitation/anxiety with sometimes depression. The good news is that I have had days where I have felt almost 100%. That bad news is that all of it is wiped out with a wave. I do all the coping tools to get through them. I am starting on my 17th month off of low dose ativan for 12months then was switched to klonopin that I took for 6months then didn't know any better and stopped CT on 8-14-22. I do not take any meds or supplements at all now. I eat close to a paleo diet and hydrate like crazy. I still work which is a struggle and walk at least 3 miles a day, i used to jog 3 miles but it seems like anything strenuous puts me in a wave. I am just writing to occupy my time and distract from my current wave. I know these end but the longest stretch without a wave is 23 days. Intensity of the wave is still excruciating. I am probably like a lot of you where you lose hope in the wave. My number one problem is for 53 years of my life i never had any health issue at all and only went every year for a physical with no abnormal tests. It is so very hard to remember how I felt back then to now at 56 yrs old struggling and fighting to survive. My heart goes out to all of you in this battle and I hope we find peace within our bodies someday. I know some have it worse than me but it doesn't diminish my pain or anyone else's pain when the demon waves hits. Thanks in advance for any advice or positivity. Hope and healing for all us....

I see a lot of positives in your situation, the fact you can work and walk is amazing, the distraction this provides is invaluable.  

It sounds like you’re getting a few windows too, I hope they give you strength when the waves hit.  

What you’re describing sure sounds like benzo recovery, rather than long Covid, the waxing and waning of symptoms is a dead giveaway.

I know it’s taking too long but I can see you’re making good choices, you’re eating well, keeping up the exercise while listening to your body and looking for positive feedback.  

My suggestion is to keep doing what you’re doing, giving your body the best environment for healing, and it is. 

Thank you for the positive feedback and answering. It is much appreciated..