Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

4 Years Benzo Free on Christmas Day

Hello, Buddies! It’s been a while since I was here. My name went from SJS to Nannycakes when the Forum changed. 

Most days I’m functioning like my pre-benzo self and doing well. But the last 4 or 5 days have been challenging. It’s like I’m cycling through some of my most challenging symptoms, and they are moderate.

is it possible at 4 years off? The head and face pressure with tinnitus are relentless. I’m also having digestive issues, flushing and tension in my body.

Can anyone this far out relate? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Sandy

Hello @[Na...],

I’m sorry you experiencing an uptick of symptoms this far off, 4 years. It’s not all that uncommon, I’ve seen people report this.

Do you have any new stresses in your life now? Are you on any new medications? 

I would have to believe that since you were doing so well up to recently that this blip will ease up.

Happy New Year to you as well!

• Love 1

Hello Nancy

i’m four years four months out and while I am 100 times better, I still have issues. The lower abdominal tightness comes and goes, the fatigue is almost constant now, and mornings are once again the worst part of my day. my short term memory is horrible and sometimes i get what i call the “ I’m gonna die feeling”. Hang in there friend. 

music60

Thank you, music! It sure helps to know I’m not the only one!

Wishing you well, Sandy

I’m 4 years out to and was doing great. I had a setback in Oct/Nov that put me back in a bad spot. I’m not just starting to feel a little better. We will get there. I know at this long of a time we just want to be done now. Hang in there. 

Hello Nannycakes (SJS).  I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago and checked on line to see if you had posted recently.  And, now, here you are giving an update, one which closely parallels mine.  I am now at 46 months post Valium taper and have been having some really good weeks of feeling pretty much normal.  I did do a lot of holiday decorating, cooking and entertaining, and this morning I noticed an uptick in my symptoms.  Not a bad headache but more GI distress and flu-like symptoms.  Just cancelled having friends over for tonight as the benzo-flu symptoms are always an indicator that I have overdone.   I had guests over both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day which involved lots of planning and executing.  

I just had a final check-up with my neurologist (after my brain MRI and EEG of several months ago, and an EMG performed recently by my orthopedic doctor) and  my neurologist said that my remaining symptoms come from a CNS that is not fully healed.  He has been reading up on benzos and he now understands more fully the dangers and harm in taking them, and he is very positive that I will recover fully….I just wish it was sooner than later.  What always astounds me is that when in a window I cannot remember how bad I can feel in a wave…luckily most of my waves now last only a few days.

I remember that you, like me, love to entertain and enjoy being very social, so I suppose we can be having a little kick-back from our extra energies used during the holidays!

Please feel better soon…..I am sending extra hugs and warm wishes and will keep you in my prayers.  Please feel free to reach out to me, as you know I am always here for you.

GG

Edited by [Ga...]
Revision to some sentences and grammar revisions
  • Like 1

Thanks, Pianogirl, Music, Packy and GG! I can’t tell you how much your positive feedback helps me. I really get discouraged when old symptoms come back with a vengeance. Thank you all.

GG, it’s so good to hear from you. I’m so glad you are doing well. I’ve been doing well too. This wave I’m in now is quite challenging. Like you, I did a lot of entertaining and traveling over the holidays. I so enjoyed it and I’m grateful to have my life back. It was helpful to hear the report from your neurologist. It give me hope. Hopefully this wave will end soon. One day is good and the next day can be hell! It is what it is.

I don’t know why my name changed from SJS to Nannycakes. Nannycakes was an old user name. I’m glad you found me! I’ve been missing my Buddies. Wishing you well and stay in touch. 

Hugs, Sandy

• Like 1

I will definitely stay in touch as you and I have traveled down many long and winding roads together through our individual benzo journeys!

Healing hugs,

GG

• Like 1

[78...]

Hey Sandy, 

I'm a few weeks ahead of you (4 years off Dec 1) and I'm experiencing the same thing. My symptoms have been minimal and or completely non existent for the most part over the last 3-4 months. The last week though has been an absolute doozy. Wicked wave, return of some really gross symptoms. I'm sorry you are going through this too. Hopefully this passes quickly (if it hasn't for you already)!!! 

Hi Itsmytime, 

Thank you for responding. I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing some old symptoms as well. I guess it’s just part of healing. I’m still having some symptoms, but also days when I feel pretty good. We will get through this!🙏

Wishing you well, Sandy

I’m 42 months and I’ve had some old symptoms come back as well. So apparently this is a “ thing”  for us in this timeframe. As the others said, mine are moderate as well with a rougher wave for a couple of days. In that wave is when I have old symptoms pop back in but they disappear with the wave. New symptoms visiting as well. Fine tuning is going on with us. 
ok….let’s get this healing completed 👍🏼 
Hang in there 🤝 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was on z drugs for about a month taking them sparingly. 

I have a horrible abdominal tightness with muscles seizing, squeezing and jerking. 

Additionally, my back, ribs and flanks tighten and squeeze. All these symptoms cycle round but the torso tightness is alway there.

Please tell me that this awful symptom will go.

🙏

When I have a cut, it heals. Once it has healed it does not start to bleed again after 2 years or after 4 years. I am starting to realize that all of these assurances that you heal after significant benzo use are nonsense. 

5 hours ago, [[f...] said:

When I have a cut, it heals. Once it has healed it does not start to bleed again after 2 years or after 4 years. I am starting to realize that all of these assurances that you heal after significant benzo use are nonsense. 

I know of many people who recovered after significant benzo use and it's documented in Success Stories. If you make statements like this you invalidate every single experience of those who struggled and worked really hard during their recovery.