Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9 months and suffering

Hi everyone, have been doing ok, but nowhere near my old self.Im 9 months off today. I got through Christmas but the stress has badly sensitized me, and I suddenly find myself crying and having over the top emotions now my son has returned to his life abroad. I'm reaching out to anyone who can give me hope as I feel Ill never be balanced again.I have been through a 2 year taper from Valium and am wondering if this hell will ever end. Looking for some support 

Sorry you are currently struggling.   I want to reassure you that your emotions will "calm" down.  This is just part of the waxing and waning of symptoms, and the added stress of the holidays could make the symptoms intensify a bit.   You will be balanced again even though it does not feel that way right now.   This process can take so much longer than we expect and that can also be discouraging.    

Try to get some rest!

I’m at 17 months.  I am a lot better stress makes my symptoms worse. Xmas day was hard, husband having an operation soon etc. I can’t believe how hard this has been but it is almost over for me and you and we just have to keep going.  Decatur is right.  I find just listening to great podcast that captures my attention and kind of resting up helps.

Thanks both for taking the time to reply. The repetitive thoughts and replay make me feel like I'll never be normal again. Thanks for your reassurance.