Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Really destabilized

[Ta...]
8 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[Ta...] thank you for lovely advice.  Yes learning to deal and cope with the symptoms is key, I’m still in learning mode, and in anger mode. I’m fighting it big time and deffo need to to move into acceptance. I’m angry at myself mostly. So many mistakes. This should have been over for me 5 years ago but I let fear rule. 

1. I up-dosed back to 4mg Jan 23 

2. hospital and gabapentin began Feb 3 

3 first taper from 4mg to 3.9mg was March 6 

Thank you for your kindness ❤️

@[Bu...]

Since you were quite destabilised, it can take quite some time to stabilise. It seems you held for about 6 weeks, and since that was on the back of an updose, I probably would’ve expected to notice some improvement over that time, especially towards the tail end, even though improvements can be tricky to track along the way. But, at some point you do have to make a decision to move forward, and in doing that, I’m just glad to see you’ve minimised the risk of increased suffering by keeping your initial cut low (2.5%). I think that’s sensible, especially since you are still conditioning to the process and overall experience. ❤️

• Like 1

[Bu...]

@[Ta...] thank you. This whole mess started on Nov 16. So I had to make a move. I’m keeping the cuts tiny until I know how they will affect me. I will deal with the gabapentin later. Holding here on this 3.9 for 14 days and then will reassess. I really appreciate your solid and kind advice. I hope things are ok for you and here also should you need an ear 💖

• Like 2
  • Love 1