Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Front of neck pains in year 2

[ab...]

Hi! Anyone with these symptoms at least a year in, please help me. 

I’m 19 months off benzos and my biggest issues for the last 2 weeks have been neck, tongue, and teeth related. 
My back of neck/base of head area has loosened a bit and isn’t feeling locked up like it did for the first 1.5 years but recently the front of my neck near my collar bone around my Adams Apple and behind it is having strange pinching sensations that come and go. They are brief but alarming. They come on after I wake and get worse until bedtime. It seems like they become the absolute worst when my anxiety is extremely high. My metal tongue and painful / electric teeth start up and basically my mouth all the way down to my collar bone is feeling bizarre. I’ve never had cancer but I fear it’s that at the worst of it but then it goes for a spell. It lets up then comes back. Waves and waves in the middle of the day. 

My neck is popping and cracking and seems to be almost spongy in the back where it meets my skull. This ised to be like cement so I’m guessing it’s healing since it’s different and not worse? 

The front of neck zaps and pinches are what’s really bothering me now. It all started this intensely after I had to take prednisone for gout 2 weeks ago. This has given me some insomnia and definitely kicked my waves up. 

Any help? Any ideas? Anything in common? 

I need help. 

• 8 months later...
On 31/12/2023 at 18:52, [[a...] said:

Hi! Anyone with these symptoms at least a year in, please help me. 

I’m 19 months off benzos and my biggest issues for the last 2 weeks have been neck, tongue, and teeth related. 
My back of neck/base of head area has loosened a bit and isn’t feeling locked up like it did for the first 1.5 years but recently the front of my neck near my collar bone around my Adams Apple and behind it is having strange pinching sensations that come and go. They are brief but alarming. They come on after I wake and get worse until bedtime. It seems like they become the absolute worst when my anxiety is extremely high. My metal tongue and painful / electric teeth start up and basically my mouth all the way down to my collar bone is feeling bizarre. I’ve never had cancer but I fear it’s that at the worst of it but then it goes for a spell. It lets up then comes back. Waves and waves in the middle of the day. 

My neck is popping and cracking and seems to be almost spongy in the back where it meets my skull. This ised to be like cement so I’m guessing it’s healing since it’s different and not worse? 

The front of neck zaps and pinches are what’s really bothering me now. It all started this intensely after I had to take prednisone for gout 2 weeks ago. This has given me some insomnia and definitely kicked my waves up. 

Any help? Any ideas? Anything in common? 

I need help. 

Has your neck area improved?