Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Caffeines impact on BIND symptoms

[Ha...]

I haven’t had my typical cup of coffee in the AM the past 2 days, and the symptoms I’ve been struggling with (mostly restless brain) has been substantially better. Had this been discussed, maybe it’s just coincidental? 

My experience with caffeine varies. It follows no particular pattern. Sometimes it seems to affect certain symptoms and other times it does not.

I took Xanax for 26 years and the issues you noted were similar for me. 

no one can say how long you will experience wd issues. It’s so different for everyone.

I wish you the best outcome possible.

• Like 1

Thanks. This forum is very helpful. I guess I’ll just experiment with it. 

widesky- how long have your symptoms been affecting you? 

Remember everyone is different, it’s easy to think the worst when we hear other people’s experiences or timelines.

I was symptomatic throughout my taper, which lasted a few years. I now know I was in tolerance withdrawal way before I started tapering. 

I’m 8 months off. I still have some rough patches for sure, but more and more pockets of relief have come as time elapses.

I love that you bring this up because I'm on day 3 of cutting down my caffeine & my brain has calmed down as well. I hate to cut down on caffeine so much...it's so hard...but in this case it may be worth it. I'm planning on at least giving it a try for a few more days so I know for sure if it's the caffeine.

On 31/12/2023 at 15:50, [[H...] said:

I haven’t had my typical cup of coffee in the AM the past 2 days, and the symptoms I’ve been struggling with (mostly restless brain) has been substantially better. Had this been discussed, maybe it’s just coincidental? 

How’s the coffee situation going?

What are your current symptoms? 

Im in Ohio, too. Nice to have someone in the same state. 

feel free to message me privately if you would like.

Peace

I think most people with significant withdrawal symptoms will probably have a negative reaction to caffeine, just like they would with stimulants.  

Too much caffeine can make normal people jittery and anxious.