Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Other meds during withdrawal

[be...]

My mom is one year off benzos. She’s in her 70s and has to take quite a few medications. And she said that every time she puts something in her body, it’s like an electrical current running through it and then her stomach starts clenching. These are medications like glaucoma drops that are not optional. Will she ever be able to recover while still taking meds that trigger her symptoms? Any help or advice is appreciated! 

Sounds like her CNS is still sensitive. I think taking a magnesium complex would help and also would recommend magnesium l-theronate due to its ability to pass the blood brain barrier easily. There is a supplement I take called “nerve eight” from natures sunshine that really helps calm my CNS. You can find at the link here: https://www.naturessunshine.com/search/?search=Nerve Eight

Also first time buyers get 25% off and they have alot of great supplements. I have an entire natural protocol of supplements I use that my Naturpathic Dr put me on and the majority of the stuff I use I get from nature sunshine that my Dr recommended.  You can also get the magnesium complex there too.

1 hour ago, [[b...] said:

My mom is one year off benzos. She’s in her 70s and has to take quite a few medications. And she said that every time she puts something in her body, it’s like an electrical current running through it and then her stomach starts clenching. These are medications like glaucoma drops that are not optional. Will she ever be able to recover while still taking meds that trigger her symptoms? Any help or advice is appreciated! 

It must be so difficult to watch your mom struggle like this. I'm really sorry both of you are going through this. Unfortunately the central nervous system is very sensitive during withdrawal and any type of medication or supplement can aggravate withdrawal symptoms. 

It is my personal belief that people do recover regardless of being on other medications. I've seen many members here on other meds make full recoveries. It might increase the intensity of her symptoms but I personally don't believe it will set back her recovery in the long run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Sounds like her CNS is still sensitive. I think taking a magnesium complex would help and also would recommend magnesium l-theronate due to its ability to pass the blood brain barrier easily. There is a supplement I take called “nerve eight” from natures sunshine that really helps calm my CNS. You can find at the link here: https://www.naturessunshine.com/search/?search=Nerve Eight

Also first time buyers get 25% off and they have alot of great supplements. I have an entire natural protocol of supplements I use that my Naturpathic Dr put me on and the majority of the stuff I use I get from nature sunshine that my Dr recommended.  You can also get the magnesium complex there too.

Easy there.  A lot of people, including myself, have really bad reactions to magnesium.  For some people it helps though.  Other people may feel like hell.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2023 at 00:15, [[d...] said:

Easy there.  A lot of people, including myself, have really bad reactions to magnesium.  For some people it helps though.  Other people may feel like hell.  

I’m one of them. I’ve tried all forms of magnesium multiple times and it’s like taking uppers for me.

everyone reacts differently in  this compromised state.