Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please someone help with encouragement

[lo...]

Is it normal to be waking up everyday with anxiety and feeling nauseous during withdrawals????!!! Its starting to scare me so much 😔... When im sleeping i dont feel anything especially in deep sleep... But the minute i wake up to another day its the same thing when i open my eyes ill be fine a few mins and then the thoughts and anxiety just come rushing in... Its so uncomfortable 😣 ... And so unfair to be going through this... And i know i am not the only one... I'm just scared that this is gona be my life forever ... Ive never been so scared...and i hate this.. n I'm pretty sure its the benzo talking.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes extremely common. I used to wake in terror a s scream into my pillow. It lessens over time but it'll keep coming and going.

I have nausea on and off throughout withdrawal. Burdening me a lot lately. Ginger works sometimes, I drink it warm with honey

[84...]

@[lo...]

It’s very common to wake up and experience an almost immediate flood of intense anxiety. The medication is now clearly creating the very symptoms it was originally intended to treat. 

I took a look at your history and I see that you taper by shaving off a little of your pill, but it doesn’t go into specifics like ‘accuracy’. 

Have you thought about starting a thread on the benzodiazepine tapering strategy board to discuss tapering options? 

I agree with everyone -- plus crazy feelings and sensations when I wake up are the norm. I also wake up to these pins and needle sensations that are quite miserable to lay and feel. Usually, waking up isn't a good time of day any more...

Edited by [Nu...]