Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Paradoxical reaction

[ns...]

Hello, I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal for withdrawal.  I had to stop taking lorazapam because it was like a stimulant when I took it. I began tapering and the stimulant effect hadn't stopped, it's worse.  I'm down from 1mg 4x per day to 1mg and about a quarter broken into 4 doses, very small amounts. I'm extremely agitated, have horrible anxiety, dont sleep, and stimulated with every dose. I have all of the symptoms of withdrawal and want them gone! I need to stop them somehow, my doc gave me vistaril,  not sure if I sure take it. Many medications have done the reverse on me over the course of the last 12 yrs or so, after I had my gallbladder removal then a bowel obstruction. Histamine issues, no sugar, so many changes. 

Please if anyone has experienced this kind of reaction before and after your taper please let me know and what you did about it. 

How would you proceed from this point. Don't want to go to detox. 

Thanks so much 

Bless yas

• 3 weeks later...

For me the same it was a paradox I was very wired after the dose while my body was very weak. Strange 

Mascha44444, 

Hi, what benzo are u on? Are you tapering now? How far are you in tapering,  what was your starting dose?

Curious because of your paradoxical reaction 

Thanks

Ns