Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9 Weeks Off Valium After 26 Years

[Li...]

I just wanted to post an update to help others who are struggling.  I'm not in a window but not in a wave.  I'm feeling pretty darn good today for a nice change.  I did about half an hour of household chores.  It really stressed my central nervous system and I started sweating, almost like "physical anxiety".  Also the nerves in my left hand started burning and hissing.   I sat down and my body started what I call, deep automatic breathing, for about 40 minutes.  I'm now sitting here feeling completely calm !! I feel so excited because this tells me that my very damaged gaba receptors are indeed healing !! My sleep is not the best, I wake often but when I do sleep, I dream, which tells me that the little sleep that I do get is REM sleep, the really restorative healing sleep.

We will all heal 🙏

This will eventually end for us.  Today I can see how far my CNS has come !! 🙏

• Like 2

On 29/12/2023 at 06:04, [[L...] said:

I just wanted to post an update to help others who are struggling.  I'm not in a window but not in a wave.  I'm feeling pretty darn good today for a nice change.  I did about half an hour of household chores.  It really stressed my central nervous system and I started sweating, almost like "physical anxiety".  Also the nerves in my left hand started burning and hissing.   I sat down and my body started what I call, deep automatic breathing, for about 40 minutes.  I'm now sitting here feeling completely calm !! I feel so excited because this tells me that my very damaged gaba receptors are indeed healing !! My sleep is not the best, I wake often but when I do sleep, I dream, which tells me that the little sleep that I do get is REM sleep, the really restorative healing sleep.

We will all heal 🙏

Keep us updated.  Looking to jump in next 30 days need some inspiration 🙏

• Like 1

@[Kh...] You will be fine 😊 I'm not having any NASTY symptoms now but I'm still staying at home and not wanting to go anywhere.  I think I've now hit a point where I can't actually see the healing but it is definitely happening.   Slowly day by day ! ❤️

7 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[Kh...] You will be fine 😊 I'm not having any NASTY symptoms now but I'm still staying at home and not wanting to go anywhere.  I think I've now hit a point where I can't actually see the healing but it is definitely happening.   Slowly day by day ! ❤️

Funny I have zero motivation to go anywhere as well, but I believe it’s counterproductive to just sit at home and yet here I am.  😑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

Funny I have zero motivation to go anywhere as well, but I believe it’s counterproductive to just sit at home and yet here I am.  😑

@[Kh...] I am exactly the same and yet before I took this poison 26 years ago, I was so so active.  I've accepted that there is nothing I can do to speed this process up and I'm trying not to feel guilty.  I managed to have a shower and wash my hair.  I coughed a minute ago and my whole spine cracked?? I've also had cracking bone sensations in my skull today??

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

@[Kh...] I am exactly the same and yet before I took this poison 26 years ago, I was so so active.  I've accepted that there is nothing I can do to speed this process up and I'm trying not to feel guilty.  I managed to have a shower and wash my hair.  I coughed a minute ago and my whole spine cracked?? I've also had cracking bone sensations in my skull today??

Sorry you are feeling rough and hoping it goes away for good.  How can symptoms linger so long when the drug is gone from you body.  What a mystery these evil drugs are and so sad (and shameful) the medical community push them like they do. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2023 at 15:04, [[L...] said:

We will all heal 🙏

May I ask - what is the significance f dreaming?  I sleep ok on a tapered down 2.5mg Valium and sleep for about 4 hours, wake up to pee, and sleep another 3 hour session.  I have lots of dreams - is this a sign of healing?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

May I ask - what is the significance f dreaming?  I sleep ok on a tapered down 2.5mg Valium and sleep for about 4 hours, wake up to pee, and sleep another 3 hour session.  I have lots of dreams - is this a sign of healing?

@[Kh...] I slept perfectly until about 14 days off completely.  I sleep OK now but it's broken sleep and yes I have heaps of dreams. That IS a good sign because it means it's REM sleep, which is the deep restorative healing sleep 🙏