Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

setbacks are worse than initial withdrawal.

[bw...]

Ok...Simply put. I wont sugarcoat it.

Setbacks can ruin your life.

I am extremly protracted at 6years off.

I had an extreme setback at 5 years 3 mos off all benzos from taking pepcid. But it was the pepcid that did it. A powerful h2 antihistamine blocker.

This is Much much worse than my initial withdrawal years ago. Akathesia and agoraphobia. Panic and fear that never relents. I am now allergic to all foods and all medications. Cannot visit dentist nor take any pain killers. I have severe reactions to everything and previously didnt, only a day before my setback I was doing the best I was in YEARS.

I am now 10 long months into my setback. I have lost my job. My friends and i have a displeasure for life. i spend my days in my bed or my lounge rocking back and fourth with akathesia. I am awoken multiple times a night with adrenaline rushes that wake me up out of a sound sleep and disturb my fiance.  Be warned about medications you take even if you are far off. I miss my old life I had immensensly. I suffer from PTSD from what has happened to me and shake with fear at any sight of medication. I cant take anything without a reaction. - litterally. I can only eat rice and beef.

Please be careful with setbacks.

They can do SEVERE damage.

What do we do then?

I read a lot about antibiotics and I don't understand.  I see that antibiotics can be gaba ANTAGONISTS.  That means they'd do the opposite of a benzo, so one should feel better after a few days of feeling worse.  The receptors should react by upregulating.  Can anyone explain?

Also, can colloidal silver be used as a replacement?

How can an antihistamine put you back into acute 6 years later?  This is very upsetting.

8 hours ago, [[S...] said:

What do we do then?

I read a lot about antibiotics and I don't understand.  I see that antibiotics can be gaba ANTAGONISTS.  That means they'd do the opposite of a benzo, so one should feel better after a few days of feeling worse.  The receptors should react by upregulating.  Can anyone explain?

Also, can colloidal silver be used as a replacement?

How can an antihistamine put you back into acute 6 years later?  This is very upsetting.

Ive just attached what prof ashton has wrote about this. Not uncommon. And yep im 6 years off. Its devasating. Ive lost so much. Im just a shadow of a man of who I once was.

20231023_130008.jpg.d3c78cd1cbae25310c43eb387298e8ea.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...