Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Succes stories on full body stiffening / muscles like stone

[Ma...]

A year off, 

zero improvements muscle wise. 
When I stand up my muscles turn into stone. Makes me look like body building Quasimodo.

muscles are huge of constant tightening/ turning into stone

are there any succes stories on this topic? I am aware of a few here that have it too, but none of them healed and many of them are a couple of years off. 

i lost al feminine features cause of the body looking like very big man back of a body builder but moron body builder 

You could try radial shockwave therapy, if it's available.  It breaks up scar tissue.  Also myofascial release, and dry needling.  You would need an aggressive practitioner maybe.

Edited by [Si...]

I tried both of it. It’s a form of dystonia. Coming from the brain. Literally nothing helps… 

in need for succes stories 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I tried both of it. It’s a form of dystonia. Coming from the brain. Literally nothing helps… 

in need for succes stories 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Have you tried Botox for dystonia?

No I am too scared girl I know got paralyzed and horrible sxs from it

also one lost her hair 

other people have worsening of dystonia from it… my neurologist told me I would need so much that it becomes toxic anyway

On 28/12/2023 at 04:14, [[S...] said:

What did your Neurologist suggest to help with your dystonia?.

Nothing. They say it’s functional dystonia. Which basically means it’s a result of psych trauma according to them. Never had one single issue with my muscles before taking zopiclone 

10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Nothing. They say it’s functional dystonia. Which basically means it’s a result of psych trauma according to them. Never had one single issue with my muscles before taking zopiclone 

You mean the Neurologist acknowledged the psych drugs caused the dystonia?. Don't look at success stories, everyone is different some heal some have permanent problems no one is the same. What have you tried?. 

On 25/12/2023 at 20:17, [[S...] said:

You could try radial shockwave therapy, if it's available.  It breaks up scar tissue.  Also myofascial release, and dry needling.  You would need an aggressive practitioner maybe.

Think I need that now 🙏

@[Sc...]

I wrote :

they say it’s dystonia , but functional. 
whixh basically means it’s caused by trauma or illness in their eyes. 

they will never admit it’s from zopiclone. 
ofcourse not. 

Why should I not look at succes stories?

there isn’t even a single succes story of someone that is comparable to my situation. Ajusta is like me. She is not healed at all. 
dippsydoodle is like me, 

not healed st all. 
this started st my 34th now I am 36,

if this is permanent I have to end my life, 

I am bedridden and suffering hell .

i have not been able to stand or sit for several reasons inside pulling and visible pulling, all contracting and rigid like hell, still I need to move I can’t sit also cause of aka inside.

also I am only eyes I lost all sensations no inner feedback like I have to pee or I am full or I am Hungry, 

I am a big mess..

There have been some success stories of people taking drugs for 40 years and recovered. What i am saying all of us are different if we heal or partially heal or not. It depends on so many factors. I know Dipsydoodle, he doesn't post here anymore and is over 80. What has your Neurologist offered for your dystonia?. Have you tried Cannabis?

Edited by [Sc...]

On 02/01/2024 at 21:56, [[S...] said:

There have been some success stories of people taking drugs for 40 years and recovered. What i am saying all of us are different if we heal or partially heal or not. It depends on so many factors. I know Dipsydoodle, he doesn't post here anymore and is over 80. What has your Neurologist offered for your dystonia?. Have you tried Cannabis?

No they say it’s functional dystonia, they don’t admit it’s from the zopiclone , they tell me to go in therapy to learn live with it while I am bedridden . Botox they don’t want to give cause according to them Botox will not help functional dystonia.

they say psychological therapy might help it🤮

I never had dystonia until I started zopiclone and it got extreme after the cold turkey and reinstatement. 
i have it in every muscle. 
i think I must have zero GABA receptors in my brain . It’s a mess. 
also I gained 80 pounds on exactly the same diet . I had akathasia while I took the zopiclone. It dissapeared when I was off. Unfortunately it feels like zopiclone did same to me  as an antipsychotic for others. 

Did your appearance also change because of all stiff muscles which were big like a face and upper body full of water rentention and bigger muscles ?

My muscle stiffness is all over my head neck shoulders and back including face and eyeballs. I have no water retention and no visible movements. Only muscle stiffness. Do you have visible twisting and repetitive movements?. Has your Neurologist conducted EMG tests to diagnose the dystonia?.

ThAts great♥️ 
i had my shoulders almost pulled up to my ears, my lower back in a spasm pulling me into this exaggerated s shape. Head tilt backwards neck forwards. Hands claws. 
First it was very much visible now only to those who knew me before all this. It’s not movement it’s just tightening up so bad that all the muscles are soooo big now . As if I train in the gym with them . From chronically working. 
my face is also stiff jaw to the front my the cheek muscles very tight my  facial features changed 

tongue always stiff, eyeballs. Everything head to toe. 
if it stays I have to reinstate. Will wait till 3 years off. Too much pain. 

lots of respect for you that you keep going with this horrible pain. I hope so much it will leave for you @[Sc...]

People should be tested with a full antineuronal antibodies pannel, even tho It might come back false-negative, that for me sounds like a severe auto-imune reaction, like i have , severe pain inducing, mine in particular might probably have to do with cancer, If i didnt had the latter i would be taking fingolimod, an MS drug, again, you should ask for an spinal tap looking for antineuronal antibodies

Online you find people that had chronic insomnia, which is nothing in comparsion to that, due to autoimune anti-nmda encephalitis, insomnia vanished when the encephalitis was adressed

Edited by [De...]