Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Rapid Librium Taper off of long term mixed benzo use

[Be...]

Have flipped through this board for 6 weeks now and for what it might be worth to someone else: I started on Serax nearly a decade ago. Then diazapam, klonopin for 4 years at 3-4mgs/day and last, mixed klonopin and Xanax at 3-5mgs/day. Basically, my life was going down the tubes and I’d had it. I was living in a constant state of inner dose withdrawals. So, decided I was either going to die a slow death as I was going, a quick one with withdrawals or possible get off of them for good. Flushed everything I had. First 4 days was by far the hardest 4 days of my life. Went to the ER day 4. Did a 5 day Librium rapid taper. It’s been about 6 weeks now and the last of the physical symptoms, insomnia, went away about 2 weeks ago. The severe irritability as quelled a lot by good sleep and exersize. Been working full time since midway through the Librium taper. I have a complete blackout from days 3-5 off Xanax. Cracked a few ribs on a fall down stairs. So not the easiest way to get off, but I simply wasn’t disciplined enough to do a long taper. It was fast and work out or die trying. It worked out. I read mostly really long tapers with a lot of pretty terrible symptoms for months and years. I have met a couple of people in my area that did the same detox I did with the same basic results (dr connected 3 of us to share while going through the process). So for what it’s worth, everyone is wired different and will get different results, but my experience was extremely painful and difficult, but relatively short and hopefully won’t show any signs again in the future. Move past the ugly benzo monster and its claws. 

Hello @[Be...] and we,come to Benzo Buddies!

Your username shows that what you did was the right thing for you! Isn’t it wonderful to be released from the grip of benzos and tolerance. You basically did a cold turkey and I can relate to how bad it was at the start,

We totally understand that each person must choose the path that works for them. Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you all the best in your benzo free life. I can see you appreciate it already.