Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Vent about doctors and also amitriptyline…

[ho...]

Vent… 
It’s so frustrating how doctors don’t get it. My primary care I’m still with as I had truly believed he wasn’t educated on what benzos can really do and I’ve yet to find one dr who gets this. He’s watched all of this for the last 5 years and because I’ve developed severe health anxiety in this is suggested amitriptalyne because in his words “my biggest problem is health anxiety and withdrawal does not cause one to preseverate on physical ailments. It helps with nerve pain and couldn’t help your anxiety.”

Now… I have far more than healthy anxiety, severe sensitivities, head pressure, burning mouth syndrome, tinnitus, stress intolerance, severe anxiety and fear, I can’t handle supplements, overstimulated all the time, even too much fruit or meat up from the sugars, can’t handle glutamate. I never once reported to him nerve pain expect to goes here and there and the burning mouth. Granted I would love to have the health anxiety leave but I have the health anxiety because my sensitivities are so bad that I am terrified that if I ever get anything bad that happens I won’t be able to treat it or I’ll get even worse. I’m a mom who just wants to get better for her child and when you’re in withdrawal and get new symptoms constantly how are you not supposed to worry? It’s just frustrating and then your dr who doesn’t get protracted withdrawal basically thinks it’s just anxiety. 🤬

And I assume that medication amitriptyline we should touch as well? I have not touched anything since the day I stopped the benzos detox thanks to bad medical advice which was the biggest mistake of my life. Benzo was the only medication I have ever taken the occasional antibiotic back in the day. I’m a mom of an 11 years old and so want to feel better but also don’t want to make a stupid choice based on desperation. 
I’m beginning primal trust and have a wonderful neuroplasticity coach as well. 

Edited by [ho...]

• 1 month later...

Hey @[ho...], I sorry that you had a paradoxical effect from the drug. My doc put me on it as well. She prescribed me 25mg for sleep but I think it doesn’t  work for me. I have been on it for 5 months now and my body is probably dependent on the drug. I have even noticed that my tinnitus has gotten worse. 

• 3 weeks later...
[ho...]
On 16/02/2024 at 13:39, [[J...] said:

Hey @[ho...], I sorry that you had a paradoxical effect from the drug. My doc put me on it as well. She prescribed me 25mg for sleep but I think it doesn’t  work for me. I have been on it for 5 months now and my body is probably dependent on the drug. I have even noticed that my tinnitus has gotten worse. 

I didn’t have a paradoxical reaction. I’ve been off still in withdrawal for 5.5 years unfortunately. 

[Ma...]

Amitriptyline, I believe, takes about 3 months to even begin to work. But, I don’t know. I tried it years ago and, nothing.

If you want to try to treat some of your symptoms with medication, and I certainly don’t blame you after 5+ years-I would encourage you to take a gene test. It will tell you exactly which meds your system can metabolize. As you know, low and slow.

I make fruit smoothies every morning. You’re the only person I have heard have a reaction to fruit. Thank you-some days I feel like I’ve had 4 shots of expresso! From FRUIT!! 🤨

Edited by [Ma...]