Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Left Sided Brain Pressure

[Li...]

I'm 7 weeks off now.  The past few days I've noticed that I seem to have more heavy pressure and symptoms on just the left side of my brain?  The back of my neck is still buzzing and very stiff but the whole left side of my brain feels like it's being crushed and my left arm and hand buzz constantly.  I know it's all part of the healing process and I'm just feeling grateful to be alive to be honest.  What a HORRIFIC experience.  This group and "reconnexion" in Australia, have been the only support I've had. You guys are all amazing 🙏

You’re in good company when you talk about left or right sided issues, this is pretty common and from what I’ve seen, it’s pretty random which side is affected.

I’m glad you know what this is and accept its a part of our healing, that’s much better than being afraid of it. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 22:05, [[L...] said:

I'm 7 weeks off now.  The past few days I've noticed that I seem to have more heavy pressure and symptoms on just the left side of my brain?  The back of my neck is still buzzing and very stiff but the whole left side of my brain feels like it's being crushed and my left arm and hand buzz constantly.  I know it's all part of the healing process and I'm just feeling grateful to be alive to be honest.  What a HORRIFIC experience.  This group and "reconnexion" in Australia, have been the only support I've had. You guys are all amazing 🙏

I have the weird buzz and pressure but on both sides. I am far out, though. It sucks. 

• Sad 1

@[Wi...] I'm now 11 weeks off.  I still get mild pressure, mainly on the left side of my brain, with hissing and my left hand. When I first get up in the morning, it's almost like the whole affected area is GLOWING, it's feels almost radioactive.  It used to really freak me out 😱 I've just accepted now that this is the residual neurological damage and hope it eventually heals.  It'll take some time I'd say 🙏