Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Final 1MG of Valium

[Fi...]

Am down from 5mg to 1mg valium.

Have been reducing at .03 ml a day, liquid micro taper.

This becomes a larger percentage cut as I get lower.  Should I be slowing down to .01ml /day?  

At the current pace I'm 30 days away from jumping... but I probably shouldn't rush it.

Anyone have experience on this last 1mg of Diazepam?

26 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

This becomes a larger percentage cut as I get lower.  Should I be slowing down to .01ml /day?  

At the current pace I'm 30 days away from jumping... but I probably shouldn't rush it.

@[Fi...] Sounds like you are doing pretty good on your taper.  The best advise I have is to listen to your body.  I absolutely understand the wanting to get off on your schedule.  If you feel you can manage the symptoms then maybe you could continue your current taper schedule.  :)  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Assuming a concentration of 1mg/ml, reducing by 0.03ml/day seems reasonable. If you feel you need to slow down a bit you could consider 0.02ml/day. 0.01ml/day seems unnecessarily slow. At such low doses you needn't care much about percentages. After all your last cut will always be 100% in order to reach 0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Congrats friend, you are almost at the finish line. What solvent are you using to dissolve or disperse your valium tabs in?

• Like 1

@[Fi...] great job getting down to 1mg, let your body guide you, if you start feeling bad, slow down taper, otherwise if it is working continue. You will know what is best for you, and hopefully it will continue to go well. Stay Strong

💖 Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @[Ja...], welcome to BenzoBudddies,

Hopefully someone will stop by to answer your question but for best results, you might want to start a thread of your own with your question about measuring in the subject title in this same forum.

We’re happy you found us and I know we can help you figure this out.

Pamster

6 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Can I ask how do you measure each day from 1:1 solution? I’m so bad at math. Thank you

Hello and welcome, @[Ja...].  Here’s a video about how to use syringes to measure liquid medications. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How are you doing now I'm at around 1mg valium too over a 7 months taper form 2 mg Klonopin. I'm not doing the liquid tho? Please update 

I had a very rough spot cutting from 1 to 0.7 mg while I was doing a linear taper. Almost as hard as higher doses. Because of this, I learned I am very sensitive to big cuts (I learned the hard way when I hit that bump) and so I am just cutting 10% monthly and it seems to be working fine. It will take a long time, but I am able to function well with occasional windows and minimal waves. Valium has a very long half life so quick cuts may not cause a drop in levels for a couple weeks. If you feel like you are hitting a wall hold the taper, stay on the same dose, and then resume when you are stablized. 

• Like 1

@[Fi...] I reduced my last mg of valium by liquefying it (soaked the pill in 2mls of vodka, then added 98 mls of water). Then I reduced it using a tiny syringe I bought at amazon. Day 1 I threw away .01 mls of the mixture and drank the rest. (The tiny syringe lets you make these small measurements) Day 2,  I threw away .02 mls and drank the rest. And so on until zero. It took me 100 days to reduce the last 1 mg of valium. Actually, it was pretty easy.

Hope this helps.

Edited by [or...]

10 hours ago, [[o...] said:

@[Fi...] I reduced my last mg of valium by liquefying it (soaked the pill in 2mls of vodka, then added 98 mls of water). Then I reduced it using a tiny syringe I bought at amazon. Day 1 I threw away .01 mls of the mixture and drank the rest. (The tiny syringe lets you make these small measurements) Day 2,  I threw away .02 mls and drank the rest. And so on until zero. It took me 100 days to reduce the last 1 mg of valium. Actually, it was pretty easy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, how was it when you finally jumped or how is it now? Thanks again, Tyler 

@[Ty...] I felt no difference when I jumped. I think it was because I tapered to zero and so slowly that I "got rid of" lingering s/x on the way. So the first day after my jump was a nothing-burger, then I slowly began to feel better. At about 6 months I started to be able to do some of the things I couldn't do on my taper. At a year, I felt darned okay and now, more than 10 years after my last dose of v, I feel very good. I even  started a new business! So slow and steady won the race. For me. Best to you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[o...] said:

@[Ty...] I felt no difference when I jumped. I think it was because I tapered to zero and so slowly that I "got rid of" lingering s/x on the way. So the first day after my jump was a nothing-burger, then I slowly began to feel better. At about 6 months I started to be able to do some of the things I couldn't do on my taper. At a year, I felt darned okay and now, more than 10 years after my last dose of v, I feel very good. I even  started a new business! So slow and steady won the race. For me. Best to you.

That's awesome thank you for that. About 3 months ago I was on 10 mg of Valium and now I'm down to about 1.5. I switched from Klonopin 1mg 3 months ago and before that was on Klonopin 2mg for 4 months. This hell hole of a journey started Christmas Eve of 22' well I felt like I was having a heart attack and went to the hospital and got put on benzos. It seemed to be the only thing making me feel better at the time. I'm functioning, I have no choice, I work out every other day, I run a landscape company, I have two step kids and my first child on the way I'm 32. My biggest thing is the derealization depersonalization and lack of joy or excitement about well ANYTHING! It's as if like my personality is gone. I can't recall words or speak as properly or professionally as I used to. I've had no body withdrawals tingling or gastro issues no pain or tenuinitis, all the things other people talk about. It seems to be all between my eyes, like there's a veil separating me from reality in my brain. It's everyday that I feel like this but I have hope because I am down to such a low dose. I guess my biggest fear is when I do jump you know. Technically I'm supposed to be on 4 mg on my taper right now but I have jumped ahead of the doctor and got myself to 1.5 so I will have extra to do the last bit extremely slow. Thanks for responding my friend!