Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help to know what scale to use

[El...]

2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Thank you @[or...] 

I used to catch Monk sometimes on TV, always liked him ;)

It seems to help me tons to stabilise what I've been doing the past few days, taking only the measured powder of 0.029mg. It's a bit tricky to get it to the exact right amount but it seems to work. Also not taking the Glue (the Coating) seems to make a huge difference too (the brown pill had such a thick coating it was like peeling off paper) 

Anyway. Thank you for your encouraging messages and I'm so glad I finally got some help and reached out here. Thank you loads @[Co...] for your advice 💕

Merry Christmas to y'all.

El.

You're so welcome @[El...] You are doing so good, and I'm especially glad @colin is here to help you, hope, and encouragement coming your way, oregonlady :hug:

• 5 months later...
[El...]

Hello everyone @[Co...] and @[or...] and all the people who've helped me on this thread to get myself a manageable way of tapering. I cannot thank you enough.

Since you've helped me figure out how to use the scales, how to calculate doses of crushed pills, I was at the time taking : 0.029g of the pill (in December)

I am now today going to my eight step before no more seroquel because i will be lowering tonight to 0.009g

I am so proud of me, it has been difficult but I have had such a better time with it all since doing this. Ive been keeping to my schedule pretty well and plan to be off this medication, down my next 8 steps to 0 in a couple of months. I am so proud and so grateful that i had your help and support. Thank you so much again and keep doing your amazing work on here, it is so important ❤️🍁

With all my appreciation 

El.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[or...]

I so needed to read this today, I'm so happy for you Elizakean!!  Thank you so much for sharing your good news with us all, I cannot say how this has lifted my spirits today, oregonlady ♥️♥️♥️ :hug:

• Like 1

[Ca...]

I just read this thread as I have had multiple questions about using my jeweler's scale and I am so so happy for you that you've gotten off of that poison. I also tapered it in 2016-17 using a compounding pharmacy in NY who made smaller and smaller capsules for me.

What a terrific accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

• Like 1

[En...]

Here is my thread on learning to taper from a scale and a video is in there showing which scales you can buy on Amazon. Take a look. I just learned yesterday how to use a scale for tapering. I believe all doses should be the same weight and not all different. Your body needs to adjust to the same weights in order to avoid prolonged withdrawal symptoms. This is my theory. 

[or...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Here is my thread on learning to taper from a scale and a video is in there showing which scales you can buy on Amazon. Take a look. I just learned yesterday how to use a scale for tapering. I believe all doses should be the same weight and not all different. Your body needs to adjust to the same weights in order to avoid prolonged withdrawal symptoms. This is my theory. 

Mine is working for me, but I don't understand about "same weight" for every dose?  I weigh to get my average of 10 tablet's weight (on new script each month), then I decrease (on a taper again day) by 3% of my dose.  I calculate the way I was taught by a great buddy here by taking say, an average weight of .171 g X .97 = .165 g of dose "weight". The next taper would weigh .160 g and so on.  This is working for me but I have Windows and Waves.

If you can find a way to feel better, more power to you, but I'm not looking for a better way.  I guess I'm of the mind, if it works don't fix it right now.  That probably is close-minded, but sometimes I need to close my brain and give it a break ;)

• Like 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

Mine is working for me, but I don't understand about "same weight" for every dose?  I weigh to get my average of 10 tablet's weight (on new script each month), then I decrease (on a taper again day) by 3% of my dose.  I calculate the way I was taught by a great buddy here by taking say, an average weight of .171 g X .97 = .165 g of dose "weight". The next taper would weigh .160 g and so on.  This is working for me but I have Windows and Waves.

If you can find a way to feel better, more power to you, but I'm not looking for a better way.  I guess I'm of the mind, if it works don't fix it right now.  That probably is close-minded, but sometimes I need to close my brain and give it a break ;)

What I am saying is to use the scale to get each dose the same weight while on a hold. I was just cutting the pills by eye and I was having a hard time with fluctuating symptoms. I think because one night the pill would be 0.090mg and the next night it was 0.073mg. They are not the same weight and is all over the place. I learned from good people like yourself. I have been keeping the pills all at 0.084mg nightly and am holding this weight until my next taper. Keep them all consistent for consistent blood levels. 

• Like 1

[or...]

Ok, I get it now, sorry bout that ;)  My brain doesn't get fully functional until I go to bed at night :2funny:

• Haha 1

[En...]
7 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Ok, I get it now, sorry bout that ;)  My brain doesn't get fully functional until I go to bed at night :2funny:

I have benzo brain too. 

[or...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

I have benzo brain too. 

I guess it's a relief for me to have a reason for my issues.  I just always thought I was "made" different than normal people.  I don't really find any people to fit into the "normal" catagory.  Well wait, I don't even know what normal would look like.

• Like 1

[En...]
15 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I guess it's a relief for me to have a reason for my issues.  I just always thought I was "made" different than normal people.  I don't really find any people to fit into the "normal" catagory.  Well wait, I don't even know what normal would look like.

You are about to find out. You are not the benzo. Life is about to get sweet for you. I am waiting for that to return for me too. Get back to my normal life. 

[or...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

You are about to find out. You are not the benzo. Life is about to get sweet for you. I am waiting for that to return for me too. Get back to my normal life. 

I lean towards believing that, hoping for that as well.  I was much different, in some good ways back then.  You have a very good attitude, you'll get there as well.  I hope we both keep coming here and sharing so others will see it can happen for them too :) oregonlady

• Love 1