Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Failed reinstatement?

[an...]

Hi all. I recently reinstated diazepam at 5 mg (dose before ct) 13 days ago after going cold turkey (got kicked from my psychiatrists care and left with no refills) in the beginning or middle of November (can’t remember exact day of last dose) I started to experience withdrawal symptoms starting the 22th of November. 

These symptoms have included excessive sweating, shaking, trembling even in my mouth, tongue not sitting correctly in mouth, muscle twitches and spasms, pins and needles in hands and feet, insomnia (if I am able to sleep it’s only for an hour or two. Constant waking up and unable to fall back asleep. No naps throughout the day.), horrid intrusive thoughts, nausea, anxiety and panic through the roof, don’t like to be alone but have no choice, heart rate and oxygen drops, high blood pressure despite taking lisinopril, my blood pressure medication, and tingling sensation in chest and head. 

Ever since I reinstated, the symptoms have stayed the same or maybe even got a bit worse. Tomorrow will be two weeks since the reinstatement and I’m not seeing any stabilization. I went to my psychiatrist the 7th of December and he suggested for me to updose to 15 mg. He told me it “will take away all of my symptoms.” Really tempting but with the 5 mg not providing any relief, should I bother with updosing? I know at the end of the day it’s my choice, I’m just worried I’m going to updose and hold for a few weeks and either get worse or not improve and have even more to taper off from. 

I feel stuck and am lost on what to do next. My doctors are clueless and think I should just updose. I am unsure if it’ll help to alleviate some of the symptoms. The mental aspect of this is really hard to deal with. The thoughts are really scary. I try to ignore them and distract myself but it’s hard when I’m alone. Any tips for distracting? It’s too cold right now to go for a walk. Please, someone help me out or even just talk with me. I’m scared. Thanks for reading and responding. 

• Like 2

Have you spoken to Geraldine yet? If not, contact someone at The Benzo Information Coalition. You’ll finally gets the answers you so hope to receive!

• Like 1

@[an...], hi) i can imagine how awful you feel and how little you understand what is going on. I know a few people having the same experience. I was there too, so it's pretty common. Ashton described the same phenomena. And yes, it is possible that you'll feel better after having increased your dosage. But you will have to taper longer then. It's a difficult decision.ldk what is better for you. It's up to your condition.

Good luck to you! Hope everything will be ok)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would suggest reaching out to Nicole Lamberson. She’s a pro at reinstatements and updosing. 

On 26/01/2024 at 15:20, [[B...] said:

I would suggest reaching out to Nicole Lamberson. She’s a pro at reinstatements and updosing. 

Hi! How could I reach Nicole? I will need to reinstate after cold Turkey and numerous kindling, and I would like the advice of a pro. Lol. Thanks!