Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering Clonazepam using Prozac

[Ji...]

Anyone out there used Prozac to help in tapering 2mg a day of Clonazepam?  I've used Prozac to taper off other drugs.  I've had no problem coming down .5mg in the past but got the terrors when I tried to go down another .5mg to 1mg a day.  Didn't try using Prozac that time though.  Hoping Prozac will help this time.  I want off it because of the cognitive impairment, confusion and balance issues.  Appreciate your replys, comments.  Thanks!

Hello @[Ji...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I've never taken an antidepressant, but many members of BB have or do. The late Professor Ashton recommended antidepressants for those who needed them. And for those already taking them (and considering quitting the antidepressant too) she would recommend tapering off the benzodiazepine first as the antidepressant would often help cover withdrawal from the benzodiazepine.

I expect other members with direct experience will be along to add their thoughts too.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Just keep in mind than no drug will cover for a rapid withdrawal. Anything above 1/8 of your current dose per week would be too fast in my book.