Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3 months out: how can you tell if you almost at the end?

[Jo...]

But does it stimulate the Glutamate Receptor would be my question. I don't need stimulation because my worst symptom is anxiety as well.  I usually just focus on things that are mentioned as effecting my nervous system because of what I've read about supplements, food, drink, that inhibit the healing of our CNS.  Everything about my health issues cry CNS so I don't want to mess with things that even "might" inhibit.

What I've realized is I can eat or drink, anything I want and not notice anything bad, but what's going on that I am not able to feel or see?  I know we are all different, but I think some things are the same like how foods, and drink effect our recovery process (including the taper, and any healing we can hope for).  Maybe the worst thing might be just having to prolong the tapers, or healing but who wants to risk even that.

This is more of me wanting to understand, and talk over different views of things that might inhibit or help with our recovery.

43 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

caffeine should help; it inhibits the gaba so does the opposite of a benzo.  the receptors should respond by working harder.  

I don't know; there's no way I could try it as my withdrawal is anxiety.  

Do you have intense anxiety 24/7

On 07/12/2023 at 03:34, [[P...] said:

You’re still pretty early in recovery @[Jo...], so I believe you still have a ways to go but the fact that you’re young has to help.  Our recovery isn’t linear so we get fooled into thinking we’ve recovered only to be disappointed, I’m sorry.  

@[Pa...] Not necessarily? Some people do recover very fast.  I'm 80 % recovered at nearly 8 weeks off.  I wish I'd gotten off this poison years ago ! I feel reborn ! 👌

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[Pa...] Not necessarily? Some people do recover very fast.  I'm 80 % recovered at nearly 8 weeks off.  I wish I'd gotten off this poison years ago ! I feel reborn ! 👌

This is wonderful to hear @[Li...], I’m always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to recovery! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

This is wonderful to hear @[Li...], I’m always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to recovery! :thumbsup:

@[Pa...] I think the benzo's had built up to highly toxic levels in me, slowly over a 26 year period.  Now being 8 weeks off them, I just can't put into words how happy my brain, body and heart feel ! I still get waves of burning nerves but I've come to strangely enjoy them LOL ! I know this sounds weird but I think to myself YES heal away 🤗

• Love 2

11 hours ago, [[S...] said:

caffeine should help; it inhibits the gaba so does the opposite of a benzo.  the receptors should respond by working harder.  

Hey there - I thought caffeine was a no no.  Are u saying it helps our receptors by having them work more?

On 15/12/2023 at 10:48, [[S...] said:

You really don't want to mess with your GABA(A) receptors while trying to heal from benzo injury. Current evidence seems to indicate they need to be left alone. And if they're in a downregulated state thanks to benzos, they can't respond by working harder because they're not working.

• Like 1

I agree @[he...], but I didn’t know that certain types of Tylneol have caffeine in it. I had an ahead ache just a couple of days ego and I decided to take Tylenol. I noticed I was more anxious than usual. Then on the third day, I decided to look at the bottle and to my shock horror it has caffeine in it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I agree @[he...], but I didn’t know that certain types of Tylneol have caffeine in it. I had an ahead ache just a couple of days ego and I decided to take Tylenol. I noticed I was more anxious than usual. Then on the third day, I decided to look at the bottle and to my shock horror it has caffeine in it.

Oh no. Yes, you are not the only one who has accidentally done that. Always read the labels. OTC migraine headache medicines typically have caffeine, notably Excedrin. Caffeine is often helpful for a migraine, but it is not helpful for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you @joshua and drawing my attention to Tylenol.  I've had sort of every day headaches since getting well into my taper.  I've been taking what I already thought was too much, which was 2 tablets every other day.  I did not know a thing about it have caffeine in it but I knew regular aspirin does as well, so I wanted to avoid it.

From the frying pan into the flame, so thank you.  Usually, if I can really just rest in my Lazy boy or lay on my bed I will just use my gel-ice packs.  That' what I'll do from now on thanks to you and @[he...] info:love: PS I have to add that the Tylenol has probably been the reason, at least one reason my tinnitus has been worse lately as well.

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

I just wanted to add here that it's not my imagination that my brain is working way better than when I first got to BB.  My anxiety is way less, my digestive system, some arthritic pains, and neurological.  I have to attribute some of the healing (just 9 months into taper) because of weight-resistance exercise, walking, and Keto nutrition.  I believe I truly recognize healing in my body, and at 71, I had quite a few issues before 1988 when I started the 1 mg Clonazepam.  I still have a ways to go for sure, probably be working at a healthy lifestyle til the day I die, I hope ;)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, [[h...] said:

@[or...] I just bought a cool cap that goes in the freezer to wear on my head when I get a headache. Ibuprofen does nothing for BIND-related headaches.

Oh that sounds way more comfy @hereforhelp.  I'll check my Amazon for one!  One thing so hard about the gel-packs is keeping them in place!!  Thank you soooo much!!:hug:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, [[h...] said:

@[or...] I just bought a cool cap that goes in the freezer to wear on my head when I get a headache. Ibuprofen does nothing for BIND-related headaches.

They have a lot of them on amazon!!  It's weird but when I just put the ice on the pain in my temple, typical type of headache, it can actually help that but it can switch to the other side.  So I'm thinking these would be good to cover all the bases :)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @[or...], I am not doing so well today. My face feel tight, my skin is burning, and my muscles feel tighter than usual. I think it might be the weather. I went on vacation with my family to Orlando it was 70degrees. Then the temperature started to drop again. May My sister said if it feels like Arctic winds outside. I live in Georgia by the way. Do people going through withdrawal usually feel this bad during winter?

I been trying to do elimination diet.
Im also going to try and see if I can do an anti-histamine diet or anti-cortisol diet. See if that works.

16 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hey @[or...], I am not doing so well today. My face feel tight, my skin is burning, and my muscles feel tighter than usual. I think it might be the weather. I went on vacation with my family to Orlando it was 70degrees. Then the temperature started to drop again. May My sister said if it feels like Arctic winds outside. I live in Georgia by the way. Do people going through withdrawal usually feel this bad during winter?

I been trying to do elimination diet.
Im also going to try and see if I can do an anti-histamine diet or anti-cortisol diet. See if that works.

Hi @[Jo...] I think it's wd sxs from the benzo.  I read back through the thread but I can't remember now if you are tapering, or you are completely off the benzo?  Your symptoms sound familiar to me because I've heard others here mention them.  I do Keto, and it does have some histamine foods on that particular diet, but so far, I think all my sxs are wd sxs from the benzo I am tapering, clonazepam. 

Eating a healthy diet is always good, and you may find relief if you stay away from sugars, and high-carb diets.  When I was young I was really a carb junkie ;)  Loved hamburgers, pop, and in general, fast-food.  Now I have to be careful because of T2 Diabetes, although it's in remission thanks to keto diet.

Refresh my memory for me if you have the chance and are up to it, on your benzo history.  Everyone here will help as well, I am going through more wd sxs now and have a lot more understanding of what others were talking about with worse wd sxs, oregonlady :hug:

Thank you for responding @[or...], I have been off of k for 3 months now I am entering my fourth month.

I have been eating a lot of sugar lately. It was dessert that was left over from a gathering we had a few days ego.

so, has this weather been treating you? I don’t think this weather is doing me any good at all.

11 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you for responding @[or...], I have been off of k for 3 months now I am entering my fourth month.

I have been eating a lot of sugar lately. It was dessert that was left over from a gathering we had a few days ego.

so, has this weather been treating you? I don’t think this weather is doing me any good at all.

I just can't say about the weather but seems when the humidity is high, I do sweat more, and possibly more headaches in tapering can maybe be due to weather/allergies. We have high winds here on coast and blows pollen all around, and through our windows.  I have an air purifier that is wonderful imo, and works great in a bedroom or small apartment like mine :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, @[Pa...], I know you are probably busy. I just want to know if what I am going through is normal? The past couple of weeks I noticed that my muscles are getting more stiff, my skin is starting to burn, and I am experiencing spasms that are making my muscles even stiffer. 

Do think I am a rare case? I got and off of k a couple of times. The max day was 4 days CT I believe. Then with the doctor’s help I taper slower. I ended tapering too fast then had to get off. Because there was know difference of taking a dose and not taking it. Could this be why I am not doing to well?

It looks like you’re only about 4 months benzo free?  Month 4 for most is pretty awful so I think what you’re feeling is just normal recovery.  It could be that you’re experiencing Kindling but that doesn’t mean you can’t recover, it just means it might hurt a little more getting there.

Remember our recovery isn’t linear, our symptoms will change, leave and come back leading us to doubt we’ll ever recover but we gradually get there. Are you keeping track of your symptom severity, it can help us see in black and white what our brain can’t, that we are healing. 

Hi @[Pa...], thank you for responding. 
Im not afraid that I might heal. I just afraid of how long it’s going to take me to heal. I’m honestly afraid of becoming protected. I have read some were you increase your chances of becoming protected if you over dose. 

I don’t think anyone has ever figured out why some are protracted, and the number of members who are is very low compared to the people who recover in the typical timeframe of 1 to 2 years. 

2 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hi @[Pa...], thank you for responding. 
Im not afraid that I might heal. I just afraid of how long it’s going to take me to heal. I’m honestly afraid of becoming protected. I have read some were you increase your chances of becoming protected if you over dose. 

Joshua harper, from what I understand, protracted happens when you ct or taper too fast. That was my case anyway. I was. Forced tapered 3 yrs ago. Didn't know ibwas in withdrawal for over 2 yrs, didn't know what was wrong with me! There could be other reasons others go into protracted withdrawal, you will probably gear from others here to who may have protracted. Just my experience. 

Hope that helps u

Ns

Just now, [[n...] said:

Joshua harper, from what I understand, protracted happens when you ct or taper too fast.

This is not always the case, at least not in mine.  I recovered in record time, 14 months after my cold turkey from Klonopin. 

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

This is not always the case, at least not in mine.  I recovered in record time, 14 months after my cold turkey from Klonopin. 

That's awesome! Ct is supposed to be really tough. It's been 3 yrs and I went back on after being protracted but didn't know I was protracted. Went back on lorazapam, only ladies about 3 4 months, had a reaction to it and had to taper so I'm in misery still.

Happy for u, just gotta keep going!:thumbsup: