Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3 months out: how can you tell if you almost at the end?

[Jo...]

The reason why I’m asking is because the last two weeks I felt like was healing pretty well. until this week, my muscles in my legs feel like you’re getting tighter and it feels like someone is pulling back my scalp. I have completely changed my diet and did things to make me more comfortable. But it seems like every time I enter a new month I get hit by a wave. I’ve been playing a lot of puzzle games on my playstation to past the time. I’ve read several success stories on this website. And it seems like it’s supposed to get worse before it gets better.🙁

Edited by [Jo...]

You’re still pretty early in recovery @[Jo...], so I believe you still have a ways to go but the fact that you’re young has to help.  Our recovery isn’t linear so we get fooled into thinking we’ve recovered only to be disappointed, I’m sorry.  

• Like 1

Thank you for answering Pamster, it’s been pretty rough the past two months. It feels like I’m covered in tar. It feels so strange.

4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you for answering Pamster, it’s been pretty rough the past two months. It feels like I’m covered in tar. It feels so strange.

I’ve never heard that descriptor @[Jo...], but I can kind of imagine what it might feel like, miserable. I hope you’ll keep documenting, we don’t have very many young members so its useful when we can see how its going for you. 

I apologize for the random questions. I just find out last night the Tylenol I was taken for my headaches for the past couple of days has caffeine in it.

Maybe, the last couple of days I’ve notice that my skin is starting to burn more and the muscle stiffness is becoming unbearable. It also feels like the whole left side of my face twitches if I hear the slightest sound. All of this was getting more mild two weeks age. I felt like my personality was coming back, I was happier. But now I am stuck with the physical symptoms.

Most of the time we can’t figure out what’s causing what but have you made any changes recently, are you dealing with extra stress, new medications or supplements?  Have you changed your exercise routine?  You mentioned you completely changed your diet, how long ago did you do that? 

Aleast a week age, the one thing I changed was adding more greens and vegetables to my diet. I took a vitamin d supplement that was 5000ul as say week ago. The last time I took vitamin d is when I was tapering in October and jump to 0.25mg of k. I also distinctively remember taking a probiotic that very same day. I had the worse anxiety attack I have ever had in my life! That is the only thing I can think of as of what is the corporate. Maybe vitamin d?

As for life stressors, it’s trying to get my parents to understand what is happening to me. Specifically my mom, stressing out my mom isn’t what I want to do. Because she already has enough street as it is. She work for CDC federal and grants. And she has been working at home since COVID. And trust me that is enough stress as it is.
me and her got into and argument just the other day. She told me that she has health issues that she hasn’t told my dad about. I was in shock. 😳 During the time I was tapping she would constantly tell me what is going on with her health to empathize with what I was going through. She say “people have weird oddities that they don’t talk about”. But, I consistently said I didn’t feel like this until I got on benzo.

I know it’s a lot. I really wish I can go to a counselor that knows about benzos. But, nobody knows about it.

Edited by [Jo...]

@[Jo...] Hey friend...if you think a counselor would help, by all means search one out if you can! SAMHSA is free if you're worried about cost. This doesn't have to be a secret. There's no shame in what you're going through.  Shit happens. Feel free to message me if you ever need a chat.

I don’t know much about supplements and such but I’d sure ask the folks in this group if they’ve had reactions to what you’ve introduced.  Just click join and you can post your questions. https://benzobuddies.org/forum/138-topics/

It sounds like you’ve got some stress at home, I’m sorry to hear your mom has got some health issues but it sounds like you have a good relationship.  I hope you can find someone to talk to, but you’re right, not many understand what we go through. 

On 06/12/2023 at 17:01, [[J...] said:

The reason why I’m asking is because the last two weeks I felt like was healing pretty well. until this week, my muscles in my legs feel like you’re getting tighter and it feels like someone is pulling back my scalp. I have completely changed my diet and did things to make me more comfortable. But it seems like every time I enter a new month I get hit by a wave. I’ve been playing a lot of puzzle games on my playstation to past the time. I’ve read several success stories on this website. And it seems like it’s supposed to get worse before it gets better.🙁

Hi.

From what i read only a third or so have a proacted withdrawal but most get better within six month or so.

I jumped five weeks ago and was a total mess while i taperd and getting better by the day. 

I don't go and wait for it to get worse but accept it.

It seems like most here go on for years and that scares me some.

Nice work you done!

:)

On 11/12/2023 at 15:17, [[Y...] said:

@[Jo...] Hey friend...if you think a counselor would help, by all means search one out if you can! SAMHSA is free if you're worried about cost. This doesn't have to be a secret. There's no shame in what you're going through.  Shit happens. Feel free to message me if you ever need a chat.

Thank you, so much Yolanda I really appreciate.

Edited by [Jo...]

On 11/12/2023 at 19:26, [[P...] said:

I don’t know much about supplements and such but I’d sure ask the folks in this group if they’ve had reactions to what you’ve introduced.  Just click join and you can post your questions. https://benzobuddies.org/forum/138-topics/

It sounds like you’ve got some stress at home, I’m sorry to hear your mom has got some health issues but it sounds like you have a good relationship.  I hope you can find someone to talk to, but you’re right, not many understand what we go through. 

Thank you Pamster, for the link. I’ll make sure to check it out.

Edited by [Jo...]

Thank you, Brighterday I see the drop down menu with peoples names on it. So, am supposed to tag names to one topic so others can see it? 

• Like 1

To tag members you'd like to see a post,  start with the @ and type out a member's name -  it will appear on the drop down menu. Click on the name you want to tag.

• Like 1

Caffeine modulates the GABA(A) receptors, which are the ones so severely affected by benzos, so I would avoid it completely for now if I were you.

• Like 2

it's really surprising how many sort of, everyday things effect our CNS.  I keep reading and learning, trying to make wise decisions about what I eat, or drink, especially regarding benzo wd sxs.  We have so much information available to us there's really no excuse for me to remain uninformed, and I'm not about to suffer any sxs I might be able to alleviate.

You got me thinking about the decaf I still drink so thank you much @[he...] as I know there is still some caffeine in this, as well as the cacao I eat on occasion ;)  I'm looking into an alternative for my morning "hot drink".  I have to watch things closely because of T2 Diabetes I was diagnose with in 2019, and sometimes I feel so deprived but it's a choice I have to make, one day at a time ;)  I'm glad I have choices :)

• Like 2

Hi @[Jo...], I was just alerted to @[he...] reply, which led me to your post :)

I have a hard time about maybe a week into each taper. Mine are small, just 3% every 2 weeks, approx depending on how I feel/sxs.  Luckily no severe wd sxs, only once when I cut 6% within 5 days.  Everything seemed fine until a few days after it all hit me.

I imagine it takes our bodies at least 48 hours (well, for my Clonazepam) for the dose to sort of "realize" they aren't getting as much of the drug.  Not very scientific in terms but I'm not very scientific, although I love learning how it all works.  For me I try not to get into expectations on how I'm going to feel since no one really knows anything except their own experience, just not enough interest or funding for past studies.  They are trying to make some headway now but there is so little we know.

It's good to have this forum to at least get opinions, and actual "stories of experience" here, at least we have that.  Some sxs  we just have to ride out, and then if we feel better, don't jump into another taper too fast, let it ride for a bit to make sure we are stable before another taper.

Slow and Steady is the way for me, it's working and I'm looking with hope at being done tapering by Summer 2024, but I can tell you I don't give a darn if I have to slow down and prolong my taper  if my body tells me to ;) Denise

3 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you, Brighterday I see the drop down menu with peoples names on it. So, am supposed to tag names to one topic so others can see it? 

Yes, if you tag someone, like this @[Jo...], you are alerted that you are mentioned in a reply/post.  If that person has their settings for notifications, to be set to "if my name is mentioned".  The @ sign and persons username is called a "mention" in Account settings > Other Settings> Notifications Setting (on far right) > Mentions & my content >, then the first setting is for your Mentions & my content.

I tried decaf for a bit after jumping and dropped it after a month or so. I didn't feel like it was doing me any favors, so I went back to rooibos or hibiscus tea. I tried regular coffee close to the end of my taper for about eight days, and I realized it was making things much worse. After stopping it, I went into one of the worst waves I'd ever had. It was bad bad. I think caffeine is something we shouldn't consider until being off awhile, and even then, I believe we should approach it with caution.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing that, I won't try either of those things, but I really like the taste of Almond Milk, Silk unsweetened Vanilla.  I actually drink half that and have decaf in my 1 cup per morning.  I add Turmeric, a teenie bit of purest stevia I can get in bulk, and add collagen, then a bit of Heaving whipping cream.  I think I will try without the decaf tomorrow morning see how I like it w/o decaf.

Since it's the season I want to try making home-made egg nog, may end up drinking that all year long ;)

caffeine should help; it inhibits the gaba so does the opposite of a benzo.  the receptors should respond by working harder.  

I don't know; there's no way I could try it as my withdrawal is anxiety.