Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help with math!

[Je...]

Current dose 

0.25mg in the morning weighing 0.0835

0.5mg in the afternoon weighing 0.167

0.25mg at night weighing 0.0835

i have to taper faster than I was there’s no way around it I was decreasing by 5-10 percent but now im going to have to decrease by about 12.5% every 2 weeks. 
I would like to cut my afternoon dose by 0.125mg IF THIS is considered safe. I have no history of seizures but iM terrified especially after the recent post about someone coming off to fast and having one.. I’ve been on and off many times, many tapers and a CT. What does my afternoon dose need to weigh to cut out 0.125mg of the entire dose? I’d like to slow the taper back down once I get down to 0.75mg but for right now I need help with some Sort of schedule, just anything as this was not an expected situation 

Hello, @[Je...].

If I’ve understood you correctly and my math is correct, you would reduce your afternoon dose by 0.04125 milligrams pill weight (mgpw). So the pill weight of your new afternoon dose would be:

0.167mgpw - 0.0417mgpw = 0.1253mgpw

Re: your concern about seizures …

Are you taking the clonazepam for a seizure disorder?  Do you have a history of seizures?  If not, based on what I’ve read here and elsewhere, your risk of having a seizure after the above reduction is low.

I’ve just seen people here post about seizures and it scared me pretty bad! I’m trying to reduce by 0.125mg but I def need a schedule made

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @[Je...] I found your post about, for one thing, propranalol, and I am thinking of taking it if my MD will prescribe it.  He wanted to before this but my tremor and palpitations, sweating, then cold again (surely related to high anxiety).  I am pretty sure someone will tell me the drug is going to effect my nervous system (Gaba etc) but I really think I need to do this to have much more quality of life even with my very small tapering. I'm down to .100 from .170 (pill weight) Clonazepam and took it for 35 years.  My About Me explains in more detail.

If I just "think" see, or hear something it will set me off with this stuff, and now I'm afraid to taper again and my schedule says today is the day to taper.  If I hold long enough I have seen symptoms less'in, but this time things are worse at 3% two X per month.  I don't want to cut my taper smaller, maybe I should, can't decide.  Really how there is something I can find out from you about the Propranolol as you did mention it is making your life better, over on your other thread.

Maybe something I'm doing might help you.  I've been tapering according to how I feel but very small tapers, I believe I had some sort of seizure when I first tried a taper (I did one CT way back around 2009 or so) but first taper with MD, he took me down too fast, 25% a month.

Edited by [or...]