Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptoms Stabilizing

[mi...]

So I finally feel like a lot of my symptoms are finally starting to stabilize. Of course I’m always expecting the bottom to fall out but my functionality is improving quite a bit. Not bad to where I was because as my taper progresses and gets lower I’m not sure that will happen. But many symptoms are leveling out. Panic is much less, anxiety is not as common, I feel much easier to socialize. I’ve been going to my kids sports and their friends high school games several nights per week. I finally went out to eat twice this week after not going to a restaurant for six months almost. My remaining issues are recurrent brainfog which is mainly tied to my unrelenting gut pressure and cramping. As many of us say, if I could just get that symptom to go away…. But honestly that remaining symptom is what drives my entire life right now. I get windows but it simply won’t go away and just ruins so many days. There are other symptoms I have that aren’t debilitating: no libido, sweating a bit at night, can’t do big projects, and a few others. But most of my many other symptoms in my crash have been dropping off or at least lessening. My CNS is definitely calming down but it’s not at all healed or normal. But it isn’t as bad as it was. That being said I know this stuff can be cyclical and hit out of nowhere. I still have little appetite. But I’m starting to live in small amounts again. I have very little fear leaving the house and when I get true windows I feel amazing. My waves haven’t been as severe the last couple weeks, although they suck still. I even did a 5 1/2 half percent cut this week because I was tired of the little cuts not getting me anywhere and I honestly have to say I feel less sick from that cut then I did from any other cut that that was smaller which makes no sense. Even my sleep has been amazing since I did that cut, go figure. my body literally hits this drug after all. Anyway, I’m down to .148 mg of Klonopin. We’ll see how this goes, none of this is predictable as we all know so it’s one day and one week and one month at a time. If only I could get that gut to stop cramping, holy cow I’d go on a road trip for real.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Not sure I’m ok, but I’m seeing improvements. Problem is my gut cramping and bloating affects me so badly when it’s bad that it actually makes me have SI thoughts. It’s like the squeezing hits a nerve and goes to my brain and revs it all up. If my stomach would relax and when it does I feel like I could live that way forever and not complain. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 06/12/2023 at 07:48, [[m...] said:

So I finally feel like a lot of my symptoms are finally starting to stabilize. Of course I’m always expecting the bottom to fall out but my functionality is improving quite a bit. Not bad to where I was because as my taper progresses and gets lower I’m not sure that will happen. But many symptoms are leveling out. Panic is much less, anxiety is not as common, I feel much easier to socialize. I’ve been going to my kids sports and their friends high school games several nights per week. I finally went out to eat twice this week after not going to a restaurant for six months almost. My remaining issues are recurrent brainfog which is mainly tied to my unrelenting gut pressure and cramping. As many of us say, if I could just get that symptom to go away…. But honestly that remaining symptom is what drives my entire life right now. I get windows but it simply won’t go away and just ruins so many days. There are other symptoms I have that aren’t debilitating: no libido, sweating a bit at night, can’t do big projects, and a few others. But most of my many other symptoms in my crash have been dropping off or at least lessening. My CNS is definitely calming down but it’s not at all healed or normal. But it isn’t as bad as it was. That being said I know this stuff can be cyclical and hit out of nowhere. I still have little appetite. But I’m starting to live in small amounts again. I have very little fear leaving the house and when I get true windows I feel amazing. My waves haven’t been as severe the last couple weeks, although they suck still. I even did a 5 1/2 half percent cut this week because I was tired of the little cuts not getting me anywhere and I honestly have to say I feel less sick from that cut then I did from any other cut that that was smaller which makes no sense. Even my sleep has been amazing since I did that cut, go figure. my body literally hits this drug after all. Anyway, I’m down to .148 mg of Klonopin. We’ll see how this goes, none of this is predictable as we all know so it’s one day and one week and one month at a time. If only I could get that gut to stop cramping, holy cow I’d go on a road trip for real.

I replied to an earlier post of yours, before seeing this one. I am glad to hear switching back helped you. How are you doing?

Can I ask how long you were off of your preferred brand before switching back? I’ve had to switch to two different generics since October in Lyrica. It behaves similar to benzo. The first wasn’t great, and instead of adjusting just keep getting worse over 5 months (but I still slept); this second change is sending me into acute including zero hours sleep. Previously, while slow, my K taper was going ok. I am worried these switches have completely destabilized my K taper. I’m at .27mg. K. 

Edited by [Pa...]