Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin Taper

[...]

Spent 4 years on 6 mg of clonazepam and 1 mg per day of alprazolam. Tapered with tablets down to 1 mg of clonazepam daily over the last few months,and am now successfully off the alprazolam. Withdrawal symptoms were difficult but am stable at 1mg of clonazepam daily. Was recently switched from regular tablets,to disintegrating tablets last week.Wondering if anyone has any info on making a solution with the disintegrating tablets? Do they dissolve in water?Have been trying to dissolve them in water but they don’t seem do dissolve fully,it seems pieces of the tablet are still suspended in the water. Are the pieces seen in the water just filler/binding agent and the active ingredient dissolved into the water? Any advice on making a proper solution with the disintegrating tablets would be appreciated.

Hi @[...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I've got to run and unfortunately can't write a proper reply now. Just wanted to approve your account and hopefully someone else can answer you.

Hi @[...] also. I would also like to Welcome you to the forum my friend.

I have no clue about the ODT K tablets but hopefully, other members do and can answer your question.

I have a question for you. Why the ODT Klonopin? Was it for increased bioavailability and faster absorption or do you have a problem with swallowing pills?

Thank you so much,I was hoping the ODT tablets would be dissolvable into water so I could taper down using a liquid solution. My provider hasn’t been able to prescribe the liquid K so we thought this would be the easiest route to taper down in small increments. Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hi @[...] also. I would also like to Welcome you to the forum my friend.

I have no clue about the ODT K tablets but hopefully, other members do and can answer your question.

I have a question for you. Why the ODT Klonopin? Was it for increased bioavailability and faster absorption or do you have a problem with swallowing pills?

Hi @[...]

First congrats on the progress with your taper! If memory serves me correct then the ODT's are not the best option for liquid tapering and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I can't recall members using it for liquid tapering. They generally use the regular pills if they make their own suspensions. 

Your doctor can also write a prescription for the pharmacy to make you a compounded liquid if liquid Clonazepam is not available. 

When these things are compounded into a liquid solution via a pharmacy, I wonder how accurate are the doses when you draw the amount up into the pipette to take?  I really wish the drug makers could be compelled to make really small amounts of these tablets with the active ingredient that would be conducive for very slow tapers but I know this is never going to happen unless there was some profit motive to manufacture them. They have the technology to accurately do this.