Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax - NAD+, BPC-157, Fasorecetam, HGH

[PT...]

In last 20 years for serious physical pain and PTSD combined - there have been 3 periods where the only sleep meds that worked were benzos.  First time was Ativan that probably was over a year and went cold turkey on it along with opiates and other meds.  Didn’t realize there was a risk.   But was ok.  And didn’t go thru crazy withdrawals either. 

next time maybe 5 years later was like 6 months of Xanax 2mg at bedtime only.   Felt crappy for few weeks with anxiety but nothing major.  

Fast forward another 5 years and been on 2mg Xanax at bedtime for maybe 3 months.   Really need my sleep to function and the PTSD insomnia was horrific … some of it has calmed down in part due to lots of ketamine psychoanalytic sessions. 

regular exercise, sauna, meditation, super strict organic primarily grass fed carnivore + fruit diet, and take tons of supplements. Also twice month big vitamin IVs with huge doses of C and glutithione, and 300mg NAD injection after. 

I have also read HGH (human growth hormone) keeps GABA receptors healthy which I’m on. 

I have freakish high tolerance for various meds and haven’t thus far had withdrawal or issues stopping any when time comes. 

stories here and on Reddit with benzos can scare the sh$t out of me.  

feel like going cold turkey even if for a few days and back off dose to see if I can sleep since some of stress is managed. 

have read about BPC-157 as well Fasorecetam (peptides) that people use for benzo withdrawals independently.  Wondering if anyone has success protocols with either of them or both of them together?  Hard to get info on protocol and doses and timing of stopping or tapering benzos?

would more frequent NAD injections and daily NAD supplements help?  

Also some people use the peptides DSIP and Selank ?

if Xanax is dosed only 1 time per day, is that less of an issue getting off perhaps and in part why I didn’t have big issues before ?

my docs don’t like it … but we throw kitchen sink at my insomnia when PTSD revs up and nothing else works.  Not even Xyrem(GHB).  Trazadone, ambien, Gabapentin, Seroquel- none of them work and also make me feel like complete garbage next day… 

thanks for any input on various topics above 

Edited by [PT...]

Hello @[PT...] and Welcome to Benzo Buddies!

I am sorry your life is so difficult in terms of insomnia related to PTSD.

It seems like withdrawal has not presented a big problem for you. Try not to be afraid of what you read. Many people can taper off benzos with few serious issues. There is subset of individuals who do have a difficult time with withdrawal and recovery. Our forum is to support those people.

Are you wanting to taper of Xanax?

Some people do try alternative therapies to aid with withdrawal but frankly, it’s a mixed bag. Some people do ok and others react very negatively. Still others fin no relief from withdrawal symptoms using such therapies.

I hope those with experience with the modalities you discuss will weigh in. Whatever the case, we’re here to offer support to you also. 

3 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[PT...] and Welcome to Benzo Buddies!

I am sorry your life is so difficult in terms of insomnia related to PTSD.

It seems like withdrawal has not presented a big problem for you. Try not to be afraid of what you read. Many people can taper off benzos with few serious issues. There is subset of individuals who do have a difficult time with withdrawal and recovery. Our forum is to support those people.

Are you wanting to taper of Xanax?

Some people do try alternative therapies to aid with withdrawal but frankly, it’s a mixed bag. Some people do ok and others react very negatively. Still others fin no relief from withdrawal symptoms using such therapies.

I hope those with experience with the modalities you discuss will weigh in. Whatever the case, we’re here to offer support to you also. 

I appreciate the heads up.  I still need sleep during this transition… and Xyrem used to work great .. and the last time I was cut off of Xyrem I did use Xanax for quite a while, but when I got Xyrem back it worked again… so there is the possibility of transitioning back to that, but it was not working that well for a while because I was so stirred up the worst I’ve ever been…

For a while, I was taking 2 to 3 day breaks from the Xanax …. Before I did the last three months or so with no breaks… 

Last night I was considering skipping the dose, and just using Xyrem and see if I slept ok… but reading threads about withdrawals and seizures, and dying from going cold Turkey scared the hell out of me… 

Since I have some of the stress down a bit - I was just thinking of trying to start taking one or two nights at a time… seeing how I feel and seeing if I can even get a little bit of sleep without it, and eventually just slowly wean off of it by taking more days off… but everything I’m reading online about doing a very, very slow taper….

But it also seems that people take multiple doses of benzos a day… and I thought Xanax was super fast acting, and I only take it once a day…

Yesterday I went from 2 mg to 1 mg and I feel completely fine today… so dropping the dose in half did not give me any type of anxiety or negative effects even though I didn’t sleep well…