Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Water taper for xan????

[lo...]

hi was wondering if anyone has had a successful water taper for xana? ...if please do share ...very interested in wondering if this is the correct taper for me

11 minutes ago, [[l...] said:

hi was wondering if anyone has had a successful water taper for xana? ...if please do share ...very interested in wondering if this is the correct taper for me

Hi,

I am doing a dry taper from Valium. Some ppl report success doing a microtaper using water. My only concern would be is the active drug ingredient evenly dispersed in the suspension after dissolving the tablets. In theory, this sounds like a great way to do a really slow taper off of high potency, short-half life benzos like Ativan and Xanax. If you are considering using water, here is one of the best youTube videos I have seen describing the process. The woman in the video claims to have gotten off her Xanax using this method. Be sure to shake,drink, rinse, and drink after dosing to avoid leaving any sediment behind. Some ppl dissolve the tablets in a small amount of alcohol to create a solution rather than a suspension and then mix with water but many ppl don't like the idea of using alcohol, IDK.

How much Xanax have you got to detox? Have you tried dry cutting and failed or have gotten to a certain point and you are stuck. Here is the video.👇

*Welcome to BB btw @[lo...].

This would be my fear in using water. Xanax is not soluble in water. Is any drug residue being left behind from the suspension you create? This is why I am not a big fan of water titration. 

Hi! I didn't water taper off Xanax, but I helped someone who lives by me do it. They were on like 8mg, and it took several years. It did work and they are off. They said the switch over felt like a drop itself, but then they got used to it.

@[lo...] I water tapered my valium all the way to zero. I added 1 ml of vodka to help with solubility before adding water to the crushed pill. It seemed to work well. I suppose you could do the same with xanax. 

8 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Hi! I didn't water taper off Xanax, but I helped someone who lives by me do it. They were on like 8mg, and it took several years. It did work and they are off. They said the switch over felt like a drop itself, but then they got used to it.

This taper is my last hope as a dry one did not help... I reached tolerance and I am having awful symptoms i feel like I'm going to die everyday.... So im hoping this water taper helps me ... Wow 8mg is alot .. i cant imagine.. im over here suffering with 0.5 mg a day... I'm hoping to do mine in 9 months 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[o...] said:

@[lo...] I water tapered my valium all the way to zero. I added 1 ml of vodka to help with solubility before adding water to the crushed pill. It seemed to work well. I suppose you could do the same with xanax. 

Yeah i dont think alcohol would be ideal while having withdrawals .. ill just do the water alone

On 03/12/2023 at 06:07, [[l...] said:

Yeah i dont think alcohol would be ideal while having withdrawals .. ill just do the water alone

Note the suggestion is 1 ml of vodka for dissolving.  Once added back to say 100ml of water it would likely have no discernible effect 🤗

On 02/12/2023 at 18:06, [[l...] said:

This taper is my last hope as a dry one did not help... I reached tolerance and I am having awful symptoms i feel like I'm going to die everyday.... So im hoping this water taper helps me ... Wow 8mg is alot .. i cant imagine.. im over here suffering with 0.5 mg a day... I'm hoping to do mine in 9 months 

Since you are only on .5 mgs of X per day, have you considered a Valium crossover since you are starting from a place of instability? How sick (tolerant) are you on the Xanax now? Are you taking .25 in the morning and another .25 at night?