Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam with milk

[Ya...]

We have had multiple members over the years who have made do-it-yourself liquids using regular clonazepam tablets and whole fat, homogenized milk.

For example, here’s the technique one member used:

J Stone
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232589.msg2985248#msg2985248

Also, here a video demonstrating the technique used by another individual:

video 

Milk dissolves clonazepam effectively to prepare to taper in smaller increments than cutting the tablets.    Water does not.  Some folks don’t have access to other compounding methods or expensive scales.  It is an alternative.  Your snarky comments don’t help anyone in this community thanks. 

Edited by [Kh...]

On 04/12/2023 at 19:12, [[S...] said:

This is a drug not milk and cookies. Its to be tapered in small increments either by tablet or compounded into liquid at a pharmacy. 

Can you please offer criticism of this method that explains this!

7 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Can you please offer criticism of this method that explains this!

Yes i can. This is not scientific this is a risky way to decrease benzos. Who knows what the milk does to the drug. My opinion after being off benzos for 11 years the best way to micro-dose is to get it compounded at the pharmacy. Milk is for cereal or biscuits not to be mixed with nervous system drugs.

Thanks for responding. I'm close to certain that my doc won't approve this. He's very questioning the whole wd business. I take Klonopin and used to weigh and cut. This can be extremely not accurate as each pill can differ in distribution.

So for me, this is an upgrade. It can't be worse than cutting. I hear what you say about what the milk does to the drug but am I naive if I say that it it can be taken with food or milk, can it also store in milk? I can't see the issue!

34 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Yes i can. This is not scientific this is a risky way to decrease benzos. Who knows what the milk does to the drug. My opinion after being off benzos for 11 years the best way to micro-dose is to get it compounded at the pharmacy. Milk is for cereal or biscuits not to be mixed with nervous system drugs.

Compounded liquid is certainly the best option but it's not the only option. Many members have successfully gotten off Clonazepam by using milk. I also did a DIY liquid method and successfully got off while remaining functional. 

I have never heard of milk being used to taper benzos. Myself i would not do it this way. You used milk to get off benzos?. The only way i use milk is with my cereal.

Edited by [Sc...]

Some benzos are lipid-soluble, so they would (theoretically) disintegrate in whole-fat, homogenized milk. Since this milk is an emulsion, the resulting liquid would not technically be a solution. However, in my experience, lipid-soluble benzos like K seem to bind pretty evenly with the fat in the milk. Using this benzo-milk method I was able to make cuts down to .0008 mgs of K per dose... 

• Like 1

@[In...] and other scientifically inclined and/or interested readers …

One of our members wished to dilute a manufacturer’s oral diazepam solution.  She did a deep dive into the literature on the solubility of diazepam in various solvents. She decided that whole fat, homogenized milk was the best option (diazepam — like clonazepam —  is lipophilic). She summarized her findings, including references, here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=267260.msg3372864#msg3372864

• Like 1