Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering from Clonazepam

[Lu...]

Hello I have been on clonazepam for 2 and a half years. At .5mg twice a day I recently found a new doctor and informed me on benzodiazepines, I read the Ashton manual and my new doctor is okay with a slow taper for myself. I bought a milligram scale for  cutting down the pill. I would like to know what would be a good starting point the average pill weighs 0.0168g and I am wondering what small amounts I could cut daily that wouldn’t be too fast. 
thank you 

Hello @[Lu...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I’m glad to hear you have a doctor who is informed about these medications, it helps even if they don’t fully know how to guide you.  

Before we discuss your taper, it would help to know if you’re experiencing symptoms, or if you’ve been on and stopped a benzodiazepine in the past?  We use symptoms to guide our tapers, this seems to help keep us functional so knowing your baseline will help us answer your questions.

We’re glad you found us.

Pamster

Hey @[Pa...] thank you for the reply.

i originally was prescribed Ativan .5mg twice a day during 2021 at the start of college. I was on it for maybe 3 months but I had symptoms in between doses such as - higher anxiety, a lot of fatigue, vivid dreams, fears and paranoia of random things. So my doctor moved me over to clonazepam .5mg twice a day. Since then I have not had the same issues on clonazepam. I do suffer from panic disorder so it does creep in sometimes but I expect it and I have not felt anything heightened taking the clonazepam or felt like I needed more.