Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Squeezing in Gut and Mental Symptoms

[mi...]

@[...] your entire adult life? So you had issues before benzos with this mind gut connection. I thought you said you had the horrible guts thing for like five months off. But you had it before?

Edited by [mi...]

@[st...] Definitely, it's just weird how the gut affects the brain so directly. There's got to be a way to fix this. I'm considering doing DNRS to try to redirect the stress response. I know it won't cure WD, but it can downregulate the CNS a bit and I'll take even partial relief at this point.

3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

@[st...] Definitely, it's just weird how the gut affects the brain so directly. There's got to be a way to fix this. I'm considering doing DNRS to try to redirect the stress response. I know it won't cure WD, but it can downregulate the CNS a bit and I'll take even partial relief at this point.

Great idea. It is crucial that we work on healing our limbic system as it is in overdrive/hyper arousal and I believe DNSR helps in that area. I wish you luck

• 1 month later...

Hi, yes my torso squeezes particularly when I sit and I want to be still. The myscle produce a rapid, sudden squeeze or jerk which is very uncomfortable and often painful.

Has anybody have this symptom improved or subsided?

Thank you 🙏