Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ashton Manual 1 mg or 10 percent?

[...]

The Ashton Manual seems to recommend dropping 1 mg of valium per week or 2 at end. See that here and other places seem to suggest not exceding 10 percent and a nonlinear pace. Just curious as to hear if people have any experience with one or the other? 

So my plan is not recommended per this information provided?  I had really hoped Ashton and her recommendation of 1 mg every 1-2 weeks at lowest levels was doable 

Edited by [Kh...]

21 hours ago, [[K...] said:

So my plan is not recommended per this information provided?  I had really hoped Ashton and her recommendation of 1 mg every 1-2 weeks at lowest levels was doable 

No, it's very doable. Ashton had tried it on real people. It's just a bit fast for some. I see you just went from 6mg to 5mg. See how you feel a week after the cut and judge for yourself. For example, if you tolerate that cut well you could keep cutting 1mg/week until 3-4mg and then move to .5mg cuts per week for the rest of your taper.

Thanks for input!   The cuts I have been making are not affecting me at all really -- other than tinnitus and some body aches -  and I am not convinced its all related to the cuts.  I had a massive ear infection that kicked off the Xanax binging and I have had the tinnitus ever since.  Cuts may be exacerbating, I am not sure.  I am hopeful I can get thru this taper (certain I will) and maybe the T will subside or settle down.  I will also have my sinuses cleaned out thru surgery next week and maybe that will help too (chronic sinusitis which probably caused ear problems to start).  Appreciate your expertise and support here.     

Edited by [Kh...]

31 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

No, it's very doable. Ashton had tried it on real people. It's just a bit fast for some. I see you just went from 6mg to 5mg. See how you feel a week after the cut and judge for yourself. For example, if you tolerate that cut well you could keep cutting 1mg/week until 3-4mg and then move to .5mg cuts per week for the rest of your taper.

Thanks again for your support and advice I really appreciate that

• Like 1