Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 days clear

[Di...]

Hi peeps  :) hope y'all are well

Tried 6 different anti Depression meds over the last 2 and a half years and for one valid reason or another none have been successful

Doc has often gave me Diazepam 5mgs as a  "chaser/buffer" to help me over that rocky road of worsening conditions of symptoms sometimes found on start up of ADs

I did not realise the significance but have now been on Diazepam, ON & OFF, for probably over a year now and constantly using them for the last the last 16 weeks

Usual dose was 5mg twice a day. I have been tapering, and cheating somewhat, for around 3 months and tapering faithfully for the last 6 to 8 weeks

I got a bit hasty and jumped from 7mg to 3mg and from there started dropping 1mg per month

I had my last 1mg tab 7 days ago and felt fine for a few days but the last few day have been like a rebound of depression and anxiety....is that likely after managing to stop 7 days ago, or is it still too soon and asking too much?

I should just add......I am taking Duloxetine/Cymbalta 30mg too, and the last 14 days has seen some horrific diarrhoea.

I was wonderin' to myself......perhaps the Duloxetine 30mg has been lost down the toilet bowl during all those happy evacuations and it ain't even reaching my system and the jitters and low moods/sweats I am feeling is actually Duloxetine withdrawal and NOT Diazepam....talk about confused!

whaddya think Guys?

PS A big shout out and thanks to Fishinghat and Invalidusername

Edited by [Di...]

Hello @[Di...].

I am busy at the moment, but I wished to at least welcome you. I expect others will be along to provide you with feedback soon. And I will try to reply properly later.

Hello @[Di...] and welcome to the forum from me as well,

In reality, sometimes it can take a while for withdrawal symptoms to show up. This happened to me, I had a honeymoon of sorts after I jumped off and was subsequently hit very hard with symptoms after the first week. It can have a lot to do with the long half life of diazepam. 

Everything you describe is very common for benzo withdrawal, including diarrhea. However, if it persists I would certainly get checked out.

Just because you finished taking the drug does not mean the drug is finished with you. Benzos make significant changes to the cns and it can take a while for things to settle down and return to balance.

pianogirl

I read this in a friends post and it made SO MUCH SENSE TO ME...thanks  :)

During the next two years, I continued to take the (add Benzo of choice here), intemittently, having no clue that I was having, what I refer to now, as mini-withdrawals. There were many days when I just did not feel good, and had lots of weird things going on with my body.

Edited by [Di...]