Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

allergic to food.

[bw...]

Every since i came off benzos i have become allergic to foods. Its like there is something wrong with my histamine system in my body. (Im 6 years off) 

Fragrances. Smells. Chemicals but especially "foods".

Why???? Its destroying my life.

I was never previously allergic to anything. Taking benzos has destroyed my brain.

Edited by [bw...]

Hi @bwhitters Yes. I can relate. 

The first time I went through benzo WD over 15 years ago - the same thing happened to me. A SHORT list of things I developed allergies to include but are not limited to : Nightshade veggies (Look into these.... they can be debilitating but once I got off them my life improved.), raspberries strawberries, lots of nuts.. corn, soy, MSG etc. I've had to actually CHANGE seats on a plane because a lady's perfume was too strong. I've lived most of my adult life this way and yes - it's hard. But you adjust. You can try doing detoxes and cleanses to remove body burden and clear the liver but you will likely continue to have some allergies. I'm so sorry you're going through this... I TRULY UNDERSTAND how devastating it is. I'm going through this for the second time in my life... it's awful.

• Love 1

I am so sorry that both of you are going through the food/chemical allergy/sensitivity thing.  I am too. I am allergic to everything environmental, perfumes, dyes, medications, etc.  And several foods.  I have been getting worse for years but didn't know why.  Before I found this site, I thought I was alone with this one.  I had never met anyone else like me before.    It is such a relief.  So many people just don't understand, or they think that your being dramatic or picky with all your allergies.  There were times I thought that, surely, this must be all in my head or that this was some kind of failing on my part.  So, am so very sorry you're dealing with this, but I'm grateful that I found people who are like me.

Praying for healing for all of us. 

• Like 1