Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[me...]

Hi I need help I'm going thro hell at the moment all my muscles have tensed up I'm in agony feel weak  I can't function feel as though I'm going to fall which I don't want to do as I've already done that I'm crawling the walls I won't go into things I'm feeling at the moment but m so angry at the gp no support no help 

Thanks 🙏

• Like 2

I've been at this for two and a half years now (60mgs of Diazepam to 2mg currently).  My legs have been inoperable (numb, cramped up, tingling, burning, weak, etc) for most of this time.  I was using hiking poles to get around at first, but am now with a cane, as it's more efficient indoors.  Today that is combined with dizziness and nausea.  All together that makes it pretty tough to do much of anything at all.  I'm trying to distract myself with reading and solving some household maintenance by phone.  Just trying to move on to a time when I can start to taper the rest of the way off this stuff.  Anger is a constant problem for me; not at anything I've encountered here at the site, but at Dr.s, family who don't understand or who minimize me for getting stuck with this in the first place.  And finally, myself, for taking this stuff for nearly ten years, but who would've thought????

• Like 1

I m with you there Knackered it's hell I think I'm going to have reabilitation had an accident (due to the he clonazapam)only slipped off one stair had my leg armed pinned broken ribs and head injury...non of my family are talking to me I feel as though I got a disease.   It like I'm talking a different language to them.....  

Keep on going knackered we are all on the same journey I'm afraid 

Bless 🙏

• Like 1

@[me...] I've been thinking about why friends and family shy away from this. I think it is because we look to all intents and purposes as though we have a mental illness and they find this scary. Of course we know that it is the drug responsible but they can't believe that something prescribed by a doctor could do this so they think we've gone stark raving mad! 

There is no point in trying to convince them, just let them all go and look after yourself.  The phrase "forgive them, they know not what they do" is useful

Hi gaba dabba do 

Think you have a good point there.....my son's think I should go in a home(cos I'm not useful to them anymore)they live either end of the country  and my twin sister who I've always had her back turned on me she lost her daughter last year tragic circumstances I've been there for her but she's turned against me too....I agree with you they do not know what they do..but it hurts so much doesn't it.😥😥

• Like 2

Yes it hurts a lot. People you thought you could rely on run a mile. But it is scary for them as much as for ourselves. So just forget about them for now and put all your energy into yourself.

I'd really like to forget about them, but I live with part of them and will be visiting the rest of them over Christmas for a week or so.  My daughter and son in law  teach at the university level.  I taught elementary age kids for 36 years so they don' t give me much credibility from the get go.  Now with this, they do think that I'm ready for the "home" as well.  My spouse has been patient and supportive for all of this time, but that too seems to have its limits.  The trouble for me is that I can't really participate in life much at all.  I did make it to a big family get together two weeks ago, but I stayed in and froze to death (another gift from benzo WD) while wrapped in blankets as they all went out and did their thing.  

Awe bless you knackered you have coped really well I couldn't have done half of iof itm. I live alone didn't bother me till my accident and other health issues.....I used to go hiking alot caring for my parents they have gone now so Christmas isn't the same and I've not seen my son's since before covid.  I brought them up on my own after I divorced after 25years...they have done well too well that's why I'm not in there lives anymore....I'm like you I just feel nothing as though the world has disappeared and I don't know how to get back there or have the energy..let's hope the future will be brighter for us...winter doesn't help my mood bless you 🙏

• Like 1

I miss hiking too. Can't even walk round the park opposite.  My son has hardly been in touch since I told him about my "illness" back in March.  I'm not blaming him at all as I must sound barking mad to him. Plus sons have a tendency to be off and running as soon as they have wives or partners. Its normal, don't take it personally. All of us mothers go through the same, it is a Universal mothers and sons thing that will go on into eternity!

Hi yes I know son's can't wait to get out in the world....mine are 47 and 49 both married ones lives in London the other in Selby UK. ....I wouldn't have it any other way...but not seen the one in London for 10 years was in touch when my dad passed ,2017 then he lost his wife in 2018 but I couldn't go to funeral as I was recovering from my accident.then he got covid really bad was in ventilator 3months he's married a friend who helped him when he got home .....so I understand he's been through alot.....my other son came to the hospital after I had my accident I was still unconscious my twin sister was there and he just said we can't look after my mum she will have to go in a home....not seen him since.  My sister who lost her daughter to the s. Word it was devastating supported her etc I know she's grieving but she's called me all the names under the sun.. I'm selfish etc..it just makes me feel as though I'm going mad. What's happening to the world or is it me and the benzos? As you know it traumatic going through this 🙏

Sorry to hear that, but anyone would be affected badly with that series of events, with or without benzos. No you are not going mad. As I said before other people find what has happened to us very scary and most people, sorry to say, tend to avoid anything difficult wherever possible. Put all of this completely to one side for the moment. There is nothing wrong with being selfish, it is the number one best thing we all need to do in our present situation.  We have to love and nurture ourselves first, it is in all the self-help manuals!